Hotfix 11 Barometer 29.77

G-BOVY

Hi Support,

Since loading hotfix 11 I've experienced the following;

Passing transition altitude 18,000, 30.14 set in MCDU barometer wound down to 29.77! Tried everything, ended up flying on STD, as a result lost copilot checklist, so reverted to holding down 'B'. TBH, it's really difficult to manage in this state, worked fine for me prior to hotfix 11.

Brgds

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something here but for me it did not work before the fix and nothing after the fix I had to set it manually.

Sorry Hanse I will try again and let you no.

Brgds

Same here, also since hotfix 11 installed; flight from KIAD to TNCM, after passing transition level, pushing Baro button, pressed B, altimeter went to 29.77 every time, only holding down the B key right altimeter came back (29.94) after release went back to 29.77. Never happened before.

Henry

Pressing "B" does not set the Barometer to 1013 hpa nor 29.91"Hg, but sets it to local QNH whatever that is.

Flying above transition altitude the only proper thing to do is to set the Barometer to "Std" be clicking on the baro knob.

"Std" means that the barometer is set to 1013 hpa / 29.91"Hg.

Finn

The solution that I apply is this, and what I have that problem with v1.04 and 0.11 hotfix est has not solved.

When passes Std down to actual barometric value, it should update the FO takes that value and the value expected to be within the minimum and stay off. You go and Section MCDU APPR and really set the default 29.92, write the correct value eg 30.24 and everything returns to normal.

I just finished a flight from cyhz/cyul using the 320 cfm AirCanada Livery Copilot Active from Decent to 18000 transition

As soon as the Baro is called the Fighting happens the way I deal with this issue is I hold the B key until it stops jumping

while holding the B key I input the Baro into the FMC and then it connects... but all said and done their is still a problem,

other then that it's a great plane to fly I would even dare to say it's probably one the best in a long time for a new product.

Brdgs

Carlo

Appologies Finn, should have made it clearer;

In the descent passing transition altitude with active FO, baro setting reduced to 27.99, not 29.77, with 30.14 set in MCDU.

Thanks for the tips guys re setting 29.92. Has anyone tried leaving the Approach data blank for QNH in MCDU, then populate it after the transistion checklist has completed. I seem to rememebr the default is 29.92 / 1013 when left blank......may also work?

Cheers

Rob

The problem is not whether the value is 29.92 or 29.91 adjustment, the problem is that once you pass transiccion height, if we try to update the value barometric this is crazy, uncontrollable and unless we disconnect the FO This does not return to normal.

If instead of updating the value with the letter "B", we enter the correct value in the MCDU-APPR the problem disappears.

This is not covered in this post have administrators. I've done consulting sporte Aerosoft technician and this is your answer.

"Dear Customer,

Please read all the manuals and then

follow the Step by Step Tutorial.

With kind regards,

Shaun Fletcher

Aerosoft GmbH

Flughafen Paderborn/L.

D-33142 Bueren"

Creo que sobran comentarios, sobre la aptitud de esta persona miembro del equipo soporte de Aerosoft.

Saludos

As soon as the Baro is called the Fighting happens the way I deal with this issue is I hold the B key until it stops jumping

while holding the B key I input the Baro into the FMC and then it connects...

Mine just goes to 27.99 once I hit the transition level with the Copilot turned on, and entering the correct value into the FMC hasn't helped. I tried that before the TL and after, and neither worked for me. The only things I can do are hold the B key down or turn off the Copilot.

It was not a problem before the 1.04 update, and this hotfix 11 hasn't fixed it for me.

I also confirm the bug is still there after hotfix 11. The strange thing is that this did not occurr at all before version 1.04.

This is not a matter of being ignorant when it comes to flying the airbus. We have all read the manuals and flown this for many hours. It is just a matter of reverting whatever was done before back to before 1.04.

This is interesting that this is still happening. I applied HF 10 and HF 11 last night and completed a flight from Bucharest to Prague. Transition levels were 4000 feet and 5000 feet. Pressure was 999 and 1008. Worked just fine for me.

Could the work around be two switch over to metric?

Hi Support,

Since loading hotfix 11 I've experienced the following;

Passing transition altitude 18,000, 30.14 set in MCDU barometer wound down to 29.77! Tried everything, ended up flying on STD, as a result lost copilot checklist, so reverted to holding down 'B'. TBH, it's really difficult to manage in this state, worked fine for me prior to hotfix 11.

Brgds

Yes, I can also confirm this problem :-( and now I have to ground my "bus" again due to this problem...

Hi Calebrw,

I'm guessing that because no barometric conversion was required i.e. from inHg to hPa, that's why it worked? My experiences are all related to the use of inHg. Wild guess here, but these issues may have something to do with hotfix 11!

Baro Checks during Descent Checklist:

The real conversion rate used for the EFIS QNH display as well as the MCDU PERF APPR page (1013.25 – 29.92) have been changed to the standard FSX rate (1013 – 29.92) so that using from the keyboard now gets the same result.

Hi Calebrw,

I'm guessing that because no barometric conversion was required i.e. from inHg to hPa, that's why it worked? My experiences are all related to the use of inHg. Wild guess here, but these issues may have something to do with hotfix 11!

Baro Checks during Descent Checklist:

The real conversion rate used for the EFIS QNH display as well as the MCDU PERF APPR page (1013.25 – 29.92) have been changed to the standard FSX rate (1013 – 29.92) so that using from the keyboard now gets the same result.

From what Hanse said yes, but before Hotfix 11 had this problem too: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/63882-altimeter-setting-pilotcopilot-fighting/

I hope this gets fixed because from what I see everything else has improved such as descent speeds and angles.

I agree with G-BOVY that it seems to all be related to "Hg" such as 18,000 ft. transition altitude in the U.S. As the very moment that transition altitude is reached and the call out is made by the FO the glitch starts.

I then promptly turned off the FO and manually entered the baro reference but as a result they did not continue with any further checklists even upon landing.

From what Hanse said yes, but before Hotfix 11 had this problem too: http://forum.aerosof...pilot-fighting/

You're right, but this time it appears the options to get around it are less. Previously I used to just toggled the BARO from inHg to hPa, wait for the Capt's call in milibars, then toggle back. I'm going to see if I can find a way round this without turning the Active FO off.......

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

sorry that I did not reply earlier but we had to investigate the issue. We agree that there are still problems and are working on a solution. But what we want to understand is the procedure you are using.

1. BEFORE PUSCHBACK AND START CL #84: When you start the flight the EFIS BARO settings are made i. e. you set it to inHg or hPa and enter the respective value at the departure airport?

2. During DESCENT PREPARATION CL you fill in the QNH value on the MCDU - PERF - APPR page of the destination airport - using the same format as selected in the EFIS panel?

3. At Transition Altitude:

1. With copilot functionality: This value is automatically entered by the copilot or in case there is no value available on the MCDU - PERF - APPR page the current ambient pressure is entered by the copilot.

2. Without copilot functionality: You manually enter a value (maybe just the same as entered in the MCDU) or just use from the keyboard.
    3. To make the problem clear:

• During the flight you do not change the QNH format or toggle between inHg and hPa?
  • Not always the QNH value of the MCDU - PERF - APPR page is filled in
  • Even that in the real Airbus no such a key is available and always a QNH value manually has to be entered some user use the key = FSX functionality
  • Instead of entering the exact QNH value at the destination airport the ambient pressure value at the transition altitude is used

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

No problems, figure you're a busy guy!

OK in answer to your questions, just completed 2 flights to specifically look at this.

Re 1. Both flights used EFIS BARO setting inHg prior to before PB and Start CL

Re 2. During the Cruise, on both flights used MCDU - PERF - APPR, with slight differences. 1st flight populated QNH inHg, 2nd flight QNH I left it left blank.

Re 3. At transition ALT (in my case 18,000) with Copilot active, EFIS BARO setting e.g 30.33 amended to 27.99

Re 3. As above without Copilot active, not yet tested....next on my list

During both flights EFIS BARO set at STD and no toggling. Used toggling to attempt to re-set EFIS BARO setting when I first experienced problem (not on last 2 flights)

As mentioned on 2nd flight left this blank to see what happened. Result, Copilot set value to 29.92 in MCDU however, EFIS BARO setting changed to 27.99

Only used 'B' once to try and re-set EFIS BARO setting after experiencing problem (not on last 2 flights)

The only thing that stands out is populating the MCDU - PERF - APPR in the cruise, prior to Descent Prep CL

Cheers

Rob

Hi Hanse,

Apologies, re 2 used inHg MCDU-APPR-PERF on 1st flight.

What's triggering the entry by FO of 29.92 where no value is entered in MCDU-APPR-PERF?

Cheers

Rob

Lindbergh72, This is usually done by checking ATIS for the correct altimeter setting pre-flight and entering that in the Hg or in your case QNH altimeter if you are flying in Europe. You can also just hold dow the "B" key to automatically adjust baro setting prior to flight or anytime during flight.

Lindbergh72, This is usually done by checking ATIS for the correct altimeter setting pre-flight and entering that in the Hg or in your case QNH altimeter if you are flying in Europe. You can also just hold dow the "B" key to automatically adjust baro setting prior to flight or anytime during flight.

ok, thx

Archived