News: Lukla Screenshots (old)

• Aerosoft

Before FSx will hit the stores we will do a series of scenery of rather special airports, can be weather, can be terrain, can be altitude. OR it can be all three together in LUKLA Airport (VNLK), located at 9100 ft high up in the Himalaya and the gateway to most famous mountain in the world, Mount Everest. Covering the airport, the region (yes of course with some rather impressive mesh) and the villages, this is a destination for the more enterprising pilots amongst us. Online release is expected in early April.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

• Aerosoft
If you've also got Courchevel on your list Mathijs, I shall be very happy!

(Lukla looks like a challenge, too!)

I keep hearing about other Courchevel projects from others and that kept me from starting on it. But we might look at it again.

If you've also got Courchevel on your list Mathijs, I shall be very happy!

(Lukla looks like a challenge, too!)

Courchevel was on my list (together with the other French 'altiports ' it being my real world 'almost home 'airfield'), but I am still not happy with the 'solutions' for slanted runways. And THAT is the crux of these fields... NONE of them are flat !

We have a whole CD full of detailed photos AND the necessary aerial photos..... and a designer capable of doing it.... just not the runways :wink:

Rather than make a 'nice' product (that would compete with the freeware offerings) we decided better NOT to make one at all for now, unless we can solve that issue. So yes, I am one of those 'others' Mathijs refers to :wink:

We have a whole CD full of detailed photos AND the necessary aerial photos..... and a designer capable of doing it.... just not the runways

Hi Francois,

Well, sorry for digging my elderly nose into it, so yes, you are right, it can not be done by using stock FS runways. But it is easily possible by making the runway by hand, which looks much better, more detailed, slope can be almost perfect, etc.

The only problem is with AI traffic...

We were even talking with Mathijs about a Courchevel scenery once, but after I saw others planning upon it, I have sort of lost my enthusiasm...

regards

Andras

ALL types of 'landable slopes' we have tried so far were not satisfactory, to be honest. And FSAddon.com ONLY wants to produce high-quality, immersive products.

There are some (freeware) products on the market that 'mimic' slanted runways... most just use 'hardened' mesh/textures. So far ALL of them let my aircraft sink in the ground at some point or other, or provide huge bumps, or much friction.

AI traffic is an 'issue' at many airfields of course.... but in Méribel we have 3 aircraft in the club.. and with flying weather you won't see much of them anyway <grin>.

BUT...... there is a small light on the horizon.... and Aerosoft and FSAddon are now investigating a possibility of combining forces on this one..... so stay tuned :wink: (mark my 'bold' words...... no decision yet.... but a real opportunity! )

Just to let you know:

The technique for high-quality sloped concrete runways is available. I've done this for Wasserkuppe airfield in "Scenery Germany 4". Some screenshots and a video will be published as soon as the airfield buildings are finished.

Sascha

Francois,

Have you seen this freeware sloped and curve strip :?:

Hi Kofi ,

Is this one of the n_cascades serie by J. Belk?

I have installed 3 packs of those but almost all conflict (in my installation) with the updated North Cascades mesh by H. Sandmann that requires terrain vertex at 21 . Have you found a work-around to make those compatible?

Best

Hi Kofi ,

Is this one of the n_cascades serie by J. Belk?

I have installed 3 packs of those but almost all conflict (in my installation) with the updated North Cascades mesh by H. Sandmann that requires terrain vertex at 21 . Have you found a work-around to make those compatible?

Best

Hmmm...I'm only using FSGenesis 76m.....Weird eh :?:

• 2 weeks later...