No Before TO Checklist

Madair

This is a really good feature which I miss when it doesn't work as it should. The most common lapse of function is after taxi it fails to move to "before take off"checks, but today it did the before take off but no message to apply take off thrust which I know means I won't hear anymore from the co pilot or have any functions done for me until I set the descent altitude. Don't really know why this is but it happens probably in some form or other every other flight. I always start from cold and dark. No savings to keep it clean.

One other thing it did yesterday was I had to perform the PF's functions in response to the co pilot's checks?How I got into that I don't know.

Martin Madden

Same here, sometimes I hear TO Config and thats it and sometimes PNF keeps calling TO config other times absolutely fine right until shutdown at destination?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

there are two issues under one subject. So please in future open a new subject and please do not add a different problem. Otherwise we cannot track the issues:

• No "Before TO CL": There might be two things which causes this problem. Taxi CL not finished or starting conditions for "Before TO CL" not met. Details for the various conditions you find in the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 5.9 and 5.10. So three questions to find this out:
    • Did you use the Infobar and what does it display?
    • Have a look into the right MCDU CHECKLIST and tell me which one is blinking, orange or just green?
    • Exactly at which step = no. of the a. m. guide the system does not react as required?

[*]TO Config: Please have a look into the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide chapter 5.9 No. 139. It means that in the TO Memo (Upper Ecam) the TO configuration is not yet set. Go to the ECAM Panel and press TO Config......

Hanse

Thanks Hanse

I am continuing to test.Just completed flight without problem- except I noticed that despite taxi checks culminating in TO config checked green the throttles had a slight spike which empowered the autothrottle.I cancelled the A/T but noticed that the TO config light had changed colour.I rechecked this back to green and all well after that. I am not convinced that that was a real issue but will continue to monitor closely on future flights.

Martin

Hi I can further confirm:

PNF: "TO Config"

PF: "Set"

PNF: "Checkilst complete"

After that I WAS getting the countdown to the active, now nothing all on the checklist page is greyed out. It may be coincidence butr I have recently installed the new soundpack?

Any advice please?

cheers

Rusty

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Rusty,

as I see from your email it seems that the "TAXI CL" should have been completed. The next CL then is "BEFORE TAKEOFF CL". So is there any information on the INFOBAR? This CL automatically starts if you pass the runway holding point, can be manually started using 1 from the keyboard or on the right MCDU itself. To find out the state your are go to the right MCDU and open the CHECKLIST (LSK1R). Then use the arrow showing right to get to relevant page. BEF. TAKEOFF should be "orange" i. e. waiting for to be started.

I do not have installed the new soundpack and also will not. So I cannot check if there are maybe some sound files missing.

Hanse

Hi Hanse

Many thanks for the response.

Taxi CL is activated and brakes are checked all ok everything stops as soon as the PNF calls "checklist complete" Previously there was a status bar at the top that counted down feet to the active runway which is not there now. As I mentioned the MCDU all RSK & LSK options are greyed out...?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Hanse

Many thanks for the response.

Taxi CL is activated and brakes are checked all ok everything stops as soon as the PNF calls "checklist complete" Previously there was a status bar at the top that counted down feet to the active runway which is not there now. As I mentioned the MCDU all RSK & LSK options are greyed out...?

There are more than one page of the checklist - MAIN right MCDU MENU - CHECKLIST - Did you try to go through all the pages by using the MCDU button with the arrow showing right.......All of them are grey? Not one in orange or green? Also the iNFOBAR option is still ON and nothing is displayed? It seems that the complete checklist functionality is OFF. Did you check?

Hanse

Update on testing. Two flights completed without a hint of a problem. EGCC to EGAA and EGAA to EGNE (UK2000 sceneries). Further flight from EGAA to EGBB repeated the previously advised issue. Using checlists and co pilot functions plus AES and starting from cold and dark. All went as it should and had reached the taxi stage which was completed with TO config checked. At that point I was expecting distance to threshold or press one to appear at the head of the screen but nothing happened.Also simultaneously with this point the checklist on the engine and warnings screen suddenly lost all but seatbelt/smoking signs and speedbreak settings, the rest of the config just disappeared. I could not reset the TO config and the right MCDU checklists were greyed out. I completed the take off,climb and cuise without Checklist/function. As has happened previosly when I start to descend the checklist/co pilot function returned and continued through to shut down working perfectly. I will repeat the exact same flight and see if it happens again.

Hotfix 11 had been applied.

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Martin,

three questions:

1. Please give me the exact data so that I can try to reproduce the problem. EGAA which parking position you used and what was your departing runway you where heading to?
  2. Are you using the original NavDataPro which came with the AXE. I hope yes because I do not have the Navigraph data installed. Maybe there is something wrong with the navigation DB.
  3. During taxiing or after the CL has been completed did you use any key from the keyboard (p. e. if you have installed EZDOC to switch between views). Because you are writing that the checklists have been greyed out it might have happened that the cechecklist functionality has been accidentilly set to OFF. Please check if it is still set to ON.

Hanse

Thanks Hanse

As advised I will replicate the flight particularly watching the areas of concern.

In the meantime in answer to your specific points:

EGAA parking position 21. Depature runway 07.

Original navdatapro

No keyboard use

May have used the in built view options to go between vc main screen and left/right MCDU but I don't recall actually doing so. Don't think I used outside views.

The only other addon running was ASE.

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Martin,

I just tried from EGAA parking position 21 (loading TAXI state) to runway 07 and it worked fine i. e. after finishing the TAXI CL I got the information on the INFOBAR = "Distance to runway holding point or press 1 on the keyboard". I taxied to the runway and the Before TO CL started automatically......

But I do not have ASE installed. Is there a possibility to disable it and to test again?

Hanse

Hi Hanse

I suspected that the throttles (Saitex Pro) were upsetting things so went through the regedit process and they now seem to have stopped spiking which upsets the A/T and causes the config checklist to disappear.Conducted same flight without ASE (which I don't think is a problem.) Ok then upto the after take off checks but then nothing on the climb to cruise phase when MCDU checklists greyed out. As before as soon as I set to actually descend (ie press to descend)the checklists kick back in and act normally right through to shut down. Checklists/co pilot remained on/green throughout whole flight.

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Martin,

please have a look into you personal messanger on this forum ........ For the time beeing I mark the topic here as solved because I think it has nothing to do with the checklist functionality .....

Hanse

Hi Hanse

I carried out another flight exactly as before. This time I turned off the virus protection software (Kaspersky) although normally runs in gamer mode without problem. Checklists were fine on whole flight. I will continue to monitor plus will look further at the throttle issue.

Many thanks for your help.

Martin

Archived