The last and definitive (till next one) Tweaking Guide for FSX

jrotaetxe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Think it is VERY important.

Opens DX10 preview and a world of possibilities.

wwww.forum.avsim.net/fsx_guide.pdf

Credits (and thanks, thanks, THANKS) to the authors.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing this, but what does it have to do with Airbus X Extended? Why did you post that here?

Sorry.

Know this is a very specific forum, about AXE, but there are some reasons.

1. Because the plane I use is AXE
  2. Because it is a demanding (less than others, I know) plane, but it is beautiful and, in any case, all we can tweak FSX reverts directly in flying this beauty with smoothness
  3. Because there are some of our mates having issues and problems with FSX, and asking for some hints
  4. Because sharing info is the base of every forum.
  5. Because it has the same relationship with AXE than an Airbus maintenance manual. Not talking specifically about AXE, but related to.

And finally, because if we press your question to the very end, we can find out that there is not a proper forum. Why in Aerosoft forum and not in other one? Why not in REX forum? Why in General and not in Tweaking?.

Found it was the best place to let everybody know this document. And, in any case, the admin has the tools to move it to another place...

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ummmmm......

I have realised (now, 14:50Z) that there is a lot of controversy around this directx10 thing.

Do not want to upset anyone, here or there. I am in the process of applying the recomendations of that document and the experience has been good (so far), so I wanted to share it with everybody in this forum w/o realising could be another issues....

Very sorry if somebody is upset with this post. If you consider it to be deleted, delete it.

Regards

Ummmmm......

I have realised (now, 14:50Z) that there is a lot of controversy around this directx10 thing.

Do not want to upset anyone, here or there. I am in the process of applying the recomendations of that document and the experience has been good (so far), so I wanted to share it with everybody in this forum w/o realising could be another issues....

Very sorry if somebody is upset with this post. If you consider it to be deleted, delete it.

Regards

Personally I don't see any problem with it. You don't have to install the DX10 stuff. It's everyone's choice whether they want to use the guide or not, so my vote is it should stay. It can be really helpful, and not everyone explores each and every forum available to fligth sim, so placing it here is not a bad idea at all. Thanks for posting it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Correction.

The link is

http://forum.avsim.net/fsx_guide.pdf

And feeling that, at leat for me, is a V1. No step back to DX9. The water is outstanding, the stars shimmers? (do not know if is the right word. In spanish "titilan").

HAS ISSUES, mainly with the lights, the addons and I am having problems with the texture load (in certain moment, the AXE textures stop charging), but I believe it is a materr of fine tweaking.

Would recomend to everyone but with the proper caveat. For me, is the biggest revolution ever seen since FS2004.

Very advisable.

Regards

Archived