Descent Check List ??

alaaar

Hello all,

I have a question and I do apologize if it was mentioned before or if it is at the manual,

How to add the landing elevation & decision height without activating the approach phase ? because Copilot seems to do it without a problem when activate ?

Best regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

just enter the appropriate figure (DH) into the MCDU - PERF - APPR page..... The Copilot does it during the DESCENT PREPATATON CL but there is no problem you can change those values later.....But what do you mean by Landling Elevation? Those data are automatically entered from the NavData Base i. e. the elevation of the runway. Please see FPLAN. Or do you mean the GA Altitude? It also comes from the NavData Base and is the higest altitude of all missed approach waypoints......

Hanse

Mr. Hanse,

I will get back to you after making sure of what the call is. But it comes right before of asking for DH? and the only way I can enter that is the activate APPR Phase, The question is can I still enter the values without activating APPR Phase ??

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

now I am completely confused: Activating the APPR PHASE has nothing to with the DH.

Please follow exactly the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide and thell me at which step = no. you have problems or what is not explained in a proper way? Otherwise I am not able to help you. In other words you have exactly to follow the procedure ...... and this means that the DH has to be entered during DESCENT PREAPATION and not sometime later........

Hanse

Sir

When Copilot is off, and during the descent preparation CL I am asked to enter "Landing elevation" then "Decision height" my question is .....is there is a way to enter those figures without using the PERF page - APPR Phase because it is not entered automatically?

Thanks

I think he means is there a switch he can use to manually enter it in the cockpit. I assume like the Boeing 737.

I looked around the inside and I don't see anything marked decision height so I believe it has to be entered in the MCDU.

Sir

When Copilot is off, and during the descent preparation CL I am asked to enter "Landing elevation" then "Decision height" my question is .....is there is a way to enter those figures without using the PERF page - APPR Phase because it is not entered automatically?

Thanks

I think he means is there a switch he can use to manually enter it in the cockpit. I assume like the Boeing 737.

I looked around the inside and I don't see anything marked decision height so I believe it has to be entered in the MCDU.

You enter this information by these steps in the Left MCDU:

- Select PERF page (at any phase of flight)

- Click the Left arrow key of the MCDU keypad to scroll to the APPR page

- Use the scratchpad and RSK/LSK's to enter in that information

Like Hanse said, you do not need to activate APPR phase to enter in this information, you just have to scroll to that page. APPR phase and this information are two completely separate items.

Archived