News: The Cat who liked water...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very nice! It's such a beautiful aircraft and it shows in your model perfectly:). I am looking forward to the civilian versions (and wondering - hoping?;) - that you will be able to include the Spielberg Always movie's Catalina that stars in the opening scene).

Cheers,

Rui

• Aerosoft
Very very nice! It's such a beautiful aircraft and it shows in your model perfectly:). I am looking forward to the civilian versions (and wondering - hoping?;) - that you will be able to include the Spielberg Always movie's Catalina that stars in the opening scene).

Cheers,

Rui

Any picture? I could probably dig it up with Google, but perhaps you know it better then Google.

Yes I can! Here's a page with many photos of this particular aircraft. But do watch the movie, Mathjis, I think you won't be sorry, I think it has some of the most inspiring aviation scenes in the movies. Bombers, tail wheels, you can almost smell the engine's oil and the dry grass. The opening scene featuring the Catalina and two dozing fishermen was circulating the internet as a fun video months ago, in fact around the time you announced this project.

http://www.scalefirebombers.com/pby.html

Cheers!

Rui

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been wondering the same question:)

This aircraft looks good from every angle.

boy, if you like it so much, you should have thought of buying the alphasim model. I highly recommend it.

anways, Im looking forward to Aerosofts redemption surely to be a nice addition for FSX.

you should include the flying boat version. Basicaly the one that doesnt have gear. It also has a nose observatory type thing.

It would be a cool feature if people could actually scrool on the VC to the observatory and view the great FSX scenery from it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

And I did try Alphasim's PBY:). I've been following the PBYs coming out since FS2000 maybe.

Here's a special pby model I enjoyed in FS2000. It was out from Abacus. It wasn't very good in some ways - I never got the propeller pitch to work, but the airplane model was beautiful to look at, for that time. This was before rolling wheels was invented in FS world:)

The scenery was Polynesia 2000 from www.flightworld.org, now closed. I had many many pleasurable flights in this scenery, a dream for that time, concerning ground texturing and scenery objects (It's still for sale here, it seems: http://www.flugsimulator.de/flightworld1/poly2k.htm)

Rui

Quick questions. Are the bubble canopys going to operate as an animation? And, will there be a virtual cabin to walk the length of the plane?

I have Alpha's PBY, and so I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this one come out.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
Quick questions. Are the bubble canopys going to operate as an animation? And, will there be a virtual cabin to walk the length of the plane?

I have Alpha's PBY, and so I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this one come out.

Brian

Not sure on the first, yes on the second