Airbus X Connect Extended Mod

Robbybobby

Same for Ipad.

At least for ipad I did another change in my test version. This one does the correct zooming so that you don't have to enlarge the image every time you start the MCDU on the ipad. The downside is that Is till need to scroll a little now since it is not 100% visible from the start. For me, this is still an improvement, and I will think whether I will keep it like that for you to try out.

I still need to test the refreshing in a complete flight. My FSX installation got broken and produced CTDs several minutes into the flight. This seems to be fixed now so that I will start testing soon.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, version 1.4 is available now.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1868-web-server-mod-for-airbus-x-connect-extended/

This adds the auto-refresh feature.

It will also auto-zoom on the iPad to fill the vertical size of the MCDU to the whole display height. The downside of the current solution is that you have to scroll right once you load it up. That's ok for me, but I will still try to find a better solution to that. You can leave me a comment whether you liked the old behaviour better or even have problems with that. It was just a minor change that I could easily revoke if necessary.

Have fun!

Hi Folks,

Still can't get Connect to work on my Win7(64)iPad2

Just got the V1.4 up and running after a couple of attempts (all in the correct order I believe in accordance with previous advice)

Managed to fill the iPad screen after some finger work (is this supposed to be automatic now?)

Result - nothing happens when I operate the iPad MCDU

I'd love to get this to work!

John F

Hi Folks,

Still can't get Connect to work on my Win7(64)iPad2

Just got the V1.4 up and running after a couple of attempts (all in the correct order I believe in accordance with previous advice)

Managed to fill the iPad screen after some finger work (is this supposed to be automatic now?)

Result - nothing happens when I operate the iPad MCDU

I'd love to get this to work!

John F

I would like to help you but need more information about the exact steps that you are doing and in which order.

Have you already tried to use a browser on the same computer as the sim is running?

Basically, there are two different communication channes used: one for the display of the MCDU and another one for the transmission of input commands to the sim. The second one is very fragile in the current implementation. Especially when the AXEConnect is started multiple times or restarted too early after closing, the communication channel is broken and can't be recovered until the flight is reset. So, if you can see the MCDU, it does not mean that the commands are transmitted correctly.

Have you tried starting the sim and AXEConnect as administrator?

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.4 worked like a charm! Thanks Robby.

The problem now seems that with AXE 1.15 it doesn't work any more. Are you planning to update it?

Thanks!

I did not have the time to install 1.15, yet. But I think I read somewhere that the MCDU web server is disabled by default now. Can you check in the configuration tool of the AXE?

I did not have the time to install 1.15, yet. But I think I read somewhere that the MCDU web server is disabled by default now. Can you check in the configuration tool of the AXE?

I enabled the MCDU web server before try it.

I'm using Ipad 4. When I open it on the Ipad, the upper part (the screen with the softkeys) appears bigger compared with the lower part (the keyboard). The monitor remain black, e the keys doesn't respond if stroke.

Ok guys, I found the problem. I enabled "webserver MCDU", but the correct selection shall be "Big webserver MCDU".

Now everything seems works good (not tried a complete flight yet, only launched AXE and made a connection with the Ipad).

Ok guys, I found the problem. I enabled "webserver MCDU", but the correct selection shall be "Big webserver MCDU".

Now everything seems works good (not tried a complete flight yet, only launched AXE and made a connection with the Ipad).

Ah, ok. Yes, I needed to decide which version I use for the mod because I was running out of bytes in the exe file. So, the Mod only works with the big web server MCDU for tablets.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would love to try your modified exe but somehow it seems to have been deleted from the aerosoft download section!

Does aerosoft not approve your work or has there been some mistake?

Is there a possibility to download it somewhere else?

Regards

Daniel

Indeed, it seems to be deleted. I did not do that. Maybe a moderator had a reason to remove it from the server? I really don't know.

Hey Robert,

I don't see it or any history of it being deleted, so I must assume it was some mistake somewhere down the line. I would suggest to just re-upload it, should be okay!

Latest version 1.4 is up again:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2395-airbus-x-connect-extended-ipad-mod/

There is no category available for such a download. I therefore put it into FSX Scenery Tweaks, which is wrong, obviously. Can a moderator add a category like "FSX Aircraft Tweaks"?

Latest version 1.4 is up again:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2395-airbus-x-connect-extended-ipad-mod/

There is no category available for such a download. I therefore put it into FSX Scenery Tweaks, which is wrong, obviously. Can a moderator add a category like "FSX Aircraft Tweaks"?

We don't have a downloads section called that right now, but I did move it to the "AAX Flight Plans" section, since that is probably going to be easier to find, and more relevant since it relates to the AAX, as well as it is not a repaint so it wouldn't go well there either.

You can now find the file here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2395-airbus-x-connect-extended-ipad-mod/

Your link in your post quoted above still works as well, so don't worry about editing it.

I've just got my 'Bus and been reading this thread. I use a Galaxy tab 2 with Android and I get the problem with the screen blanking each time I hit a key. The latest update posted here seems to be for iPads.. anything for Android users, or have I missed something? I make sure I start the link after the sim is running. it displays perfectly, just get the screen blank with each key press... which is a real pain 8-)

Have you tried the mod? I don't have an Android device here, but several users could use it with Android as well. Copy the exe into the folder where the original exe files is and start that instead of the original one. There also is a readme with the necessary folders and steps in the ZIP download.

If you still have problems, report back. Maybe we can find a solution.

Have you tried the mod? I don't have an Android device here, but several users could use it with Android as well. Copy the exe into the folder where the original exe files is and start that instead of the original one. There also is a readme with the necessary folders and steps in the ZIP download.

If you still have problems, report back. Maybe we can find a solution.

OK, will give it a try.

Archived