Airbus X Connect Extended Mod

Robbybobby

how its working on android system?

I for myself do not have access to an android based device so I can't test or promise anything. But several users in this forum have reported that it seems to work quite well on android systems, too.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Tried it on Android.

Entry of data is much better without delays.

However on refresh it will stay on the FP page instead it shows a Rev page.

Dave J

I fixed that today. It will be corrected in v1.3 which may be online in one or two days.

Just uploaded the next version (1.3) with two small changes:

1. Fixed the bug that kiwi55 reported - in fact the MCDU was pressing LSK1 each time the browser got manually refreshed

2. Added support for fullscreen mode on iPads.

The second one allows to hide the address bar in the iPad Safari browser. This looks better and gives more space for the actual MCDU.

In order to use the fullscreen mode, you have to save the MCDU web page to your home screen. This is how to do that:

1. Start the MCDU in the Safari browser

2. Click on the arrow icon left to the address bar

3. Select "Add to Home Screen"

post-55423-0-95057500-1360364445_thumb.p

There will be a new icon on your Home Screen. Tapping that will start the MCDU in fullscreen.

As usual, find the download here: http://forum.aerosof...nnect-extended/

Hi, RobbyBobby......the Ol' Blackbird (Ray Landolt) here......

Do you know why I can't get my Nook to communciate with the Bus? I get the image of the MCDU on my Nook screen, but it does not communicate button presses to the MCDU in the plane.

Any ideas? Is the Nook too simplistic a device to do this with? Just curious.

I'm using Win 7 64 bit; FSX.

Thank you! Great work you're doing to help folks use the Web version of the MCDU!!

All best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

Do you know why I can't get my Nook to communciate with the Bus? I get the image of the MCDU on my Nook screen, but it does not communicate button presses to the MCDU in the plane.

Any ideas? Is the Nook too simplistic a device to do this with? Just curious.

Hey Ray,

There are several people having problems with sending keys to the sim. Do you have those problems just with my modified version or with the original one as well?

Please try the following to see if the basic communication works:

1. Start a flight with the Airbus

2. Make sure the scratch pad is empty (align IRS and press CLR if necessary)

3. Start AirbusXConnectExtended

4. Open a browser on the same computer as FSX is running (eg. Firefox)

5. Enter "http://localhost:4040/MCDU_KB_39" into the browser address bar and hit "Enter"

The browser will show a blank page, but the MCDU in FSX should now show the letter 'A' in the scratch pad. If that does not work, then there is a basic problem with the communication between AXConnect and FSX. However, if you see the 'A' character, then the problem rather is the browser/connection of your mobile device.

Hi, Robert.... I have the same prob with the original, too. After supper I will try your suggestion, and will report back. MY guess is that it's related to my Nook, but I must admit being new to the whole wireless device "thing".... :boohoo_s:

B back in a bit.

Ray

Oh - btw thanks!

Hi again, Robert - my wife gave me a few more minutes (no supper yet), so I tried what you said - nothing - no letter "A" showed up - that adress gave an error message.

BUT - I am now totally baffled - all of a sudden - IT WORKS!!! Perfectly!!! I don't know - I could swear I am doing the exact same as I was doing before, but now it works!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........color me confused - but very pleased!!

Now - I do have a bit of a delay - not bad - but I think I'll try your "rewrite" and see what happens......or should I NOT press my luck? :chairfall_s: haa haa!

Anyway - thank you very much for your reply. I'm going to try your newest version and see what happens, I think.

All best,

Ray Landolt (Blackbird)

Ok - Robert, here's what happened - apparently, I cannot use the latest versions of your MOD. (Well, actually, I haven't tried v 1.1 yet - the other two don't work for me.)

BUT - I can use the original, and if I have to stick with that - that's fine. The delay is only on my Nook - the info I type on the Nook is instantly transferred to the MCDU on the plane - so, it's all GOOD!!!

Thanks again.........

All best,

Ray L (Blackbird)

Hi

Just installed V1.3. Reporting after starting the flight and connecting normally, all I get on the Ipad is a blank MCDU, with no action accepted. I went back to V1.2 which works very nicely.

Jead

Hi

Just installed V1.3. Reporting after starting the flight and connecting normally, all I get on the Ipad is a blank MCDU, with no action accepted. I went back to V1.2 which works very nicely.

Jead

Thank you for the report, Jead. What ipad and browser were you using? I am on Safari here.

The black screen might in fact be an error, but are you 100% sure that the aircraft was not in cold&dark? Then you would have exactly the described problem.

Hi

I'm currently using Safari with Ipad. The aircraft state was in cold and dark. Activated Airbus-connect, and started with the ckcpt preparation. All batteries on with ground power and nothing on the screen except a blank MCDU. On the Ipad I can see the page refreshing everytime I push a button, but with no effect at all, and also no effedct with the normal MCDU, in the ckpt.

I will try it another time, but for info, all the other updates worked very nicely.

Jead

Hi again, Robbybobby...

After a bit of experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that version 1.1 of your Mod works best for me and my Nook.

Just wanted to say thanks.

All best, Ray Landolt (the Ol' Blackbird)

Hi

Very strange. Non of them work now. All I get is a blank MCDU on the Ipad. I wonder what could be the reason as V1 & V2 worked perfectly well. I'm wondering if the settings of loggin=0 and HTML_Interface=0 in the ini files have any influence on the MCDU.

Jead

Yes, I beliebe that as well. You can also check this: go to your Documents folder in your user directory. There you will find the Aerosoft/Airbus X Extended folder. If the MCDU is working with HTML interface enabled, the MCDU_displ.png should update periodically. Disabling the HTML interface will certainly not work as it is there exactly for the purpose of using the MCDU from a browser.

Hello again,

Just so you know, 1.1 and 1.2 are running fine on Chrome for android, but 1.3 is not working. 1.3 work fine on the default android browser of my Transformer Prime.

All versions need to be started as administrator even when already being on an administrator account on windows 8 to work correctly.

Hello again,

Just so you know, 1.1 and 1.2 are running fine on Chrome for android, but 1.3 is not working. 1.3 work fine on the default android browser of my Transformer Prime.

All versions need to be started as administrator even when already being on an administrator account on windows 8 to work correctly.

Ok, thank you for the report. Since several reports of users show that the changes in 1.3 were not compatible with several browsers, I will investigate whether I can implement the Javascript differently.

Hi. I get CTD with the latest version. Fault mode is FMGS unloaded something like that. Anyone getting this problem?

Thanks

Swadeep

Is the AXConnect or FSX crashing? When exactly did it occur? Is it reproducible?

And it would be interesting to get the windows application crash report.

Thank you!

Hi. It's the FSX crashing. Everything is fine until the moment i minimize fsx to launch the AXConnect and as soon as i did that's when it happens...

i just tried again now and somehow no ctd..i will try reproduce again and post report if it happens

thanks

swadeep

here is the report. the sim crash after 1-2 secs after i click to launch the AXConnect.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: FMGS.DLL_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5111921a

Exception Offset: 17751401

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 7edd

Additional Information 2: 7eddbe13fc3da61fbb560b04c5b5f7f0

Additional Information 3: 1a6a

Additional Information 4: 1a6a2e8a8a8d44819de706cb2cfbb3ce

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

thanks

swadeep

Archived