Airbus X Connect Extended Mod

Robbybobby

EDIT: Just re-uploaded the latest version 1.4 after it got deleted from the server for unknown reasons.

Here's the latest link:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2395-airbus-x-connect-extended-ipad-mod/

Original Post:

I just uploaded a new version of my Airbus X Connect Extended Mod (V1.1). I post this in the Aerosoft forums with the permission of Mathijs.

What does this mod do?
It is a modified version of the AirbusXConnectExtended.exe that changes the behavior of the web server. This will only be interesting to those having problems with a black MCDU for a second after each button press on their iPad.

You can find the mod here:
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/1868-web-server-mod-for-airbus-x-connect-extended/

Please note that I am not working at Aerosoft. I did this just for myself because I too was suffering from the above-mentioned bug.

Feel free to test it, but be aware that this is a quick build that has only been tested on my own setup (Win 7 64 bit and iPad4 with Safari).

Good luck!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just uploaded the next version 1.2, which allows for faster repsonse times on iPads. Typing is now really smooth on my setup.

Attached is a small video of how it behaves now. Please excuse the low quality, filming on an iphone with one hand while typing with the other is not so easy... ;-)

AXConnectExtended_iPad_mod_v1.2.MOV

Now the MCDU is basically in a state that I am comfortable with. Maybe there will be some bugfixes needed here and there, but this is now fine for me.

Any comments on your experience is welcome. But please remember: I did that mainly for myself because the original version did not work as I wanted it. If it does not work on your setup, I can't promise I can do something about it in all cases.

Have fun!

Hi,

Nice one, will try it now.

Which programming language did you used?

Maybe i could help(C#)

Assembly ;-)

This is a modification of the original Airbus X Connect exe. This was very hard to do, because I obviously don't have access to the original source code.

Where the video for demostration?

I just uploaded the next version 1.2, which allows for faster repsonse times on iPads. Typing is now really smooth on my setup.

Attached is a small video of how it behaves now. Please excuse the low quality, filming on an iphone with one hand while typing with the other is not so easy... ;-)

AXConnectExtended_iPad_mod_v1.2.MOV

Now the MCDU is basically in a state that I am comfortable with. Maybe there will be some bugfixes needed here and there, but this is now fine for me.

Any comments on your experience is welcome. But please remember: I did that mainly for myself because the original version did not work as I wanted it. If it does not work on your setup, I can't promise I can do something about it in all cases.

Have fun!

Hi Robbybobby

Un seul mot .................

BRAVO

et Merci :excellenttext_s:

Just place the Airbus connect icon in the same folder as the old Airbus connect..DO NOT DELETE the old icon..And then just double click the new Airbus connect when you want to connect to AXE..

Very nice, Robert.

I´m using it with my MacBook and it´s working great. Any chance, to use the keyboard on the Mac for input. There is no touch screen.

---------------

Martin

Hi,

Tried it on Android.

Entry of data is much better without delays.

However on refresh it will stay on the FP page instead it shows a Rev page.

Dave J

You are right, just was able to reproduce it. I'm pretty sure that I know why this happens and am confident that this will be fixed in the next version I'm going to start these days.

Very nice, Robert.

I´m using it with my MacBook and it´s working great. Any chance, to use the keyboard on the Mac for input. There is no touch screen.

---------------

Martin

This is a great idea and if the browser will not react on those key presses as well, then it would probably be easy to implement if I had access to the source code of the AX Connect application. But right now, without that, my biggest problem is that I'm running out of bytes in the exe file and will need to make the file a little bit larger. I guess I will need to fiddle around with the headers of the exe file in order to do so. I will see what I can do with that feature request.

Archived