Cockpit preparation checklist does not start

aimo747

aaahhh please gentlemen help me , i have a really annoying problem , after loading x extended , and select cold and dark, i then switch on the external power and i go to the right mcdu to ask for cockpit preparation checklist , it doesn't start, i selected everything on regarding to these checklist , but still doesn't start .. then i removed it and reinstalled the X extended(v1.04) again and again and again and no news , i followed every single procedure for installing the x extended on the website and nothing comes up ,,,, if there is something i can download and just add it to the folder of aircraft or something like that ,,,, :confused_s: :confused_s: :confused_s:

waiting for reply >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

its on , but when i go to the checklist i found that the preparation checklist still grey it doesn't even change to orange even if i opened the main door which it was already opened

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

first if you load "Dark & Cold" the parking brakes are off. To start the checkklist functionality it is not necessary that the parking brakes are ON.

1. What I get from your description is that power is available because otherwise you would not see the menu. So this is OK.
  2. The next step you should follow is to make the settings for the Checklist- and Copilot functionality on the right MCDU (please see chapter 4.6.3 of the StepbyStep Guide). Do you get thies menu? Did you do the settings? Do you then see the "info bar" on top of your screen?
  3. On the infor bar you then should see the option to start the Cockpit Preperation using the MCDU or using [1] from the keyboard. In the right MCDU (Main Menu) under CHECKLIST (LSK 1R) also the Cockpit Prepartion Cechklist should be blinking in "orange"......

If this procedure does not solve your problem please send us some screenshots of your right MCDU settings menu......

Hanse

Not sure why Hanse said that parking brakes must be on. I'm pretty sure parking brakes must be off and doors open for the checklist to start. I even tested it to fully confirm.

well what i used to do in version 1.02 is that once i enter the cockpit i just select cold and dark , and after i select the external power on , i just ask for the preparation checklist ... that is exactly what I did in v1.04 but i don't know whats wrong ,,, so setting the brakes on or off doesn't make difference cos i tried both on and off and no news !!!!

well what i used to do in version 1.02 is that once i enter the cockpit i just select cold and dark , and after i select the external power on , i just ask for the preparation checklist ... that is exactly what I did in v1.04 but i don't know whats wrong ,,, so setting the brakes on or off doesn't make difference cos i tried both on and off and no news !!!!

Hmm... that's how I do it and it works... might be your aircraft state file is corrupt? Did you try reinstalling the bus?

oooh man i installed it about 10 times till now , in every time after uninstall i was looking in FSX main folder making sure that every thing was deleted regarding to it , and then i install it again with a big hope that every thing goes ok , but unfortunately nothing fixed yet !!

oooh man i installed it about 10 times till now , in every time after uninstall i was looking in FSX main folder making sure that every thing was deleted regarding to it , and then i install it again with a big hope that every thing goes ok , but unfortunately nothing fixed yet !!

What's your system language?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure why Hanse said that parking brakes must be on. I'm pretty sure parking brakes must be off and doors open for the checklist to start. I even tested it to fully confirm.

I did not say that the parking brakes must be ON. I wrote: First if you load "Dark & Cold" the parking brakes are off. To start the checkklist functionality it is not necessary that the parking brakes are ON.

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Aimo747,

looking into the screen shots I do not see anything which explains your problem.....The only problem really might be that something is corrupt with your custom = AIRCRAF STATE files. Two things I suggest:

• Please check if there are 4 files called "custom1-4.abx in the following folder C:\User\your name\Own Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended
  • In the second screen shot you provided all available checklists are greyed out. Please use the button with the arrow showing to the left to toggle to the other CL pages if there is maybe one "orange" = active.....

And one more question: Is the Infobar displayed on top of your screen and if yes does it display anything?

Hanse

I did not say that the parking brakes must be ON. I wrote: First if you load "Dark & Cold" the parking brakes are off. To start the checkklist functionality it is not necessary that the parking brakes are ON.

Hanse

Okay, must have missed the "not"... I'm sorry.

Adrijan

Wohohhhooohhhhoooooooooo Problem solved ,,, well what i did is totally different thing ,,

I installed AXE v 1.03 and then i updated it using v1.04 update not the installer for v1.04 ,,,

I hope no more errors comes up again ,,,,,

Thanks Mr.Hanse for your help :excellenttext_s:

Archived