descent preparation checklist try number 2

FabianAmin

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64137-descent-preparation-checklist/

Hello again,

I don´t know why my last topic was closed so fast that i had no chance to answer and that after only two days...

give people a chance to write on the topic so that i can say my problem is fixed but it isn´t.

otherway yes of course it was late in the night and i mixed the RAAS up with the checklist system thats my fault but what i want to understand is why the airbus starts the descent prep checklist when i´m in CRUISE flight and want to descent for example from fl 390 to fl 370?

The StepByStep Guide isn´t a Fault Finder i testet it together with a A320 Lufthansa Pilot and he says its a bug because when you are in flight and change the altitude you don´t start the Descent Prep checklist. ;)

Chaders said in my old topic "RAAS has nothing to do with the checklists but you are correct the winding down of the altimeter is the trigger of the descent prep checklist. This is normal and how the system was designed."

The first statement with RAAS is my fault of course i didn´t meant RAAS but it was late at night and i´m not a native english speaker sorry for that. But the secound statement of Chaders is that is normal for the AXE to do that?

Please help me and let the topic open until i say YES it solved ;) and of course not everybody is 24/7 online.

kind regards

FabianAmin

Germany

• Aerosoft

But all your questions were fully answered correctly. And as most people who's problems are solved do not report back and topic get hijacked very easy (and very confusingly) it makes sense to close them. I am sorry your pilot friend thinks it is a bug but it is VERY hard to find a parameter that will work under all conditions. The one we use seems to work reasonably well for the other users.

Hello Mathijs

what chader said that the descend prep checklist starts when i am winding down the altimeter knob is correct?

Because Hanse said that the Checklist starts 9nm before TOD? The answers are paradoxical.

I can´t understand it, its hard for me because every post says "You are wrong its not RAAS blah blah blah" i think it is enough to tell it one times ;)

Hanse:

1. RAAS has nothing to do with the Checklist- and Copilot Functionality (My fault)
  2. The DESCENT Preparation Checklist starts if you enter change the altitude of 9 NM before TOD (5.17) (thats what my bus exactly don´t do he does it at every lower altitute change)
  3. At this time you also chould set up the APPR page on the MCDU - PERF. (XXX:) (Yes sir i do)
  4. If you do not enter a QNH value of the arrival airport then the copilot uses the ambient air pressure from FSX like if you use from the keyboard. ( I enter the EFB Metar into the MCDU)

Of course i am answering back every time and tell if it works for me or not and even every time i am thanking for help ;)

My question is still not answered... shall i make a video about my problem? you might don´t understand what i mean because of the linguistic differences.

kind regards and thank you for your quick answer Mathijs

FabianAmin

Hello FabianAmin,

this was your question: "when i´m in cruise flight and turn down the altimeter knob of the Autopilot RAAS starts with the descent preparation checklist.

Isn´t it possible to go onto a lower flight level without activating the Checklist?"

This are the answers:

1.) Its not RAAS starting the checklist, its the AXE Flightdeck Crew

2.) No, it is not possible to go onto a lower flight level without activating the Checklist, maybe in the future

3.) If this answers your OP (Well, you did not ask more) a Video is not necessary

thanks Werner yes this is it ;) i was weird because of the different answers... chaider said it like you but Hanse said that it normally starts 9nm before tod automatically and he is one of the developers.

1) Yepp my fault :mecry_s:

2) thats exactly the answer i needed :lightbulb_s:

3) :bow_down2_s:

I have to live with it until it can be fixed

Thanks for beeing patient with me^^

topic can be closed if you like

kind regards

FabianAmin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi FabianAmin,

I am sorry that I got you confused.... but it was just a spelling error. I wrote

The DESCENT Preparation Checklist starts if you enter change the altitude of 9 NM before TOD (5.17) (thats what my bus exactly don´t do he does it at every lower altitute change)

It should have been OR instead of OF. Sorry for that.

Hanse

Hi,

thank you Hanse

now it´s clear for me. I am not a native english speaker so i have my problems with understanding it.

I thought it was a bug and wanted to inform you.

Thanks for very good support! :excellenttext_s:

kind regards

FabianAmin

Archived