Release: Freight Dogs "The Scenery"

• Aerosoft

In the wild border region between Alaska and Canada roads are rare and the weather can make transport by ship and truck an adventures affair. So a lot of goods are transported by aircraft to the small strips that are about as common as a car park in downtown Chicago. The pilots who fly there tend to use older aircraft that are mechanically simple and easy to maintain and are sturdy and highly reliable. They rank amongst the best pilots in the world as they fly on the smallest strips, with very little navigational aids and in the worlds worst weather. They call themselves Freight Dogs.

Freight Dogs do not need a 300 feet wide runway, with lighting, ILS, VASI and approach maps. A strip of flattened bush and they'll land there. In fact, a Freight Dog who landed at a major airport told his friends back home it was a very short but INCREDIBLY wide runway. To bring the cargo into the airfields of Freight Dogs in good weather you need to be a good navigator and an even better pilot. When you do the same in more normal, meaning lousy, weather you will find that you really need to know what you are doing. The six small airports (three in Alaska and three in Canada BC) are all so close together that your flights will be relatively short. There are two tarmac runways, two gravel runways and two seaplane bases and you will find that each of them has special difficulties. Most are hard to approach when the wind is not favorable because of high terrain and all are hard to find. Created by Bill Womack this is scenery that is very fast, very detailed and always very special. The screenshots speak for themselves. Great care has been taken to make the scenery compatible with other addons for the region and you will find that it merges seamlessly with addons as Misty Fjords.

Freight Dogs Scenery Features;

o Six airfields, two sea plane bases, two gravel strips, two tarmac airfields.

o In Alaska (US); Shorty's Farm (SF1), Wrangell (PWAG), Entrance Island (2Z1).

o In British Columbia (Canada); Stewart (CZST), Telegraph Creek (CBM5), Moose Bar Fishing Camp (CMBR).

o High dense mesh around the airports.

o Seasonal textures (snow in winter looks superb).

o Separate night textures.

o Landclass and redefined coastlines.

o Special effects like burning oil drums to help you land at night.

o Well designed to give best framerate in all conditions.

o Plus FREE COPY OF Aerosofts Flight Calculator with every order!

o If you own Aerosofts 'Beech on the beech' or DHC2 Beaver or FSaddon's FSCargo or Misty Fjords you can by this product with a 25% discount!

If you own any of the products that entitle you to a discount go to this product page http://aerosoft-shop.com/product_info.php?products_id=114 and read VERY carefully before you order.

Otherwise go to to this product page http://aerosoft-shop.com/product_info.php?products_id=113 and see why people have been begging us to release this production.

Now a confused customer is one that does not buy and is not happy, so I got to wrote this down very clearly.

- Current owners of Misty Fjords and FSCargo will be able to buy a reduced version of "Freight Dogs, The Scenery"

- Current owners of DHC2 Beaver and Beech18 will be able to buy a reduced version of "Freight Dogs, The Scenery" and will get a free update that contains the new Beech/Beaver model/liveries as well

The full scenery product will be 19.50 Euro (around $23.60) and if you are eligible for the discount this will be 13 Euro (around $15.80). Now if I calculate this well, it means that a customer who like these kind of aircraft would be crazy not to buy the Beech (great aircraft plus scenery) and then get the reduced price on "Freight Dogs, The Scenery". But well we need happy customers.

Great to see this released early, an unexpected surprise. Thank you. :D

Quick question - I could not find the Beech/Beaver uodate on the download page. How do I access the file ??? Is it included within the scenery download (not installed the file yet, only downloaded it and asking this question from another computer) ??? :?

• Aerosoft

Great to see this released early, an unexpected surprise. Thank you. :D

Quick question - I could not find the Beech/Beaver uodate on the download page. How do I access the file ??? Is it included within the scenery download (not installed the file yet, only downloaded it and asking this question from another computer) ??? :?

I need to sort out how to deliver the beaver/beech liveries, without wrecking the already installed files. I also got to take a trip so time is a bit pressing.

I need to sort out how to deliver the beaver/beech liveries, without wrecking the already installed files. I also got to take a trip so time is a bit pressing.

That's no problem, just wanted to ask. :D

Have a safe trip.

Hi,

Does the scenery include the cargo area files for FSCargo? It would be great to have those if we already own the product, so we can use it with the scenery.

Thanks and regards,

Will.

• Aerosoft
Hi,

Does the scenery include the cargo area files for FSCargo? It would be great to have those if we already own the product, so we can use it with the scenery.

Thanks and regards,

Will.

No, but I see your point. We 'll ask FSAddon to handle that, should be a simple file to be added to their database of cargo areas. Thanks for bringing this up.

Hi Mathjis

I just wanted to let you know that I think you have a typo in the shop, the download size, it says 150mb. I asked Francois about it over at Simflight and Simmarket has now corrected their shop to 64mb.

Hi Mathjis

I just wanted to let you know that I think you have a typo in the shop, the download size, it says 150mb. I asked Francois about it over at Simflight and Simmarket has now corrected their shop to 64mb.

Also down in the part that explains about the free calculator it says when you buy BeechMartha's Vineyard you will find a link.... Shouldn't it say when you buy Freight Dogs Scenery. :D

Fantastic add-on! Thanks a million Aerosoft Team. :D

• Aerosoft

Also down in the part that explains about the free calculator it says when you buy BeechMartha's Vineyard you will find a link.... Shouldn't it say when you buy Freight Dogs Scenery. :D

Fantastic add-on! Thanks a million Aerosoft Team. :D

Typo's corrected..

Awesome scenery Mathjis! Made me update my Graphics card drivers though...should have done it a while ago anyway. Kept locking up at each one of the scenery sites. I'd start he flight from the new airfield and after getting airborn I'd make a 180 to go back and check it out from the air, about 30 seconds after the 180 The screen would freeze and go black, when I aborted FS the monitor looked like Windows XP went into safe mode, and I had to reboot. On the forth attempt I finally saw the windows failure screne that told me an error had accured in my graphics card driver.

Well, after udating the drivers, I still get a hesitation when coming into the region of the new scenery but it only last a second and dosen't crash anymore.

Just thought I'd post this incase anyone else has this experiance and dosen't get the windows error message...Check your drivers and make sure their up to date...Robin

• Aerosoft
Awesome scenery Mathjis! Made me update my Graphics card drivers though...should have done it a while ago anyway. Kept locking up at each one of the scenery sites. I'd start he flight from the new airfield and after getting airborn I'd make a 180 to go back and check it out from the air, about 30 seconds after the 180 The screen would freeze and go black, when I aborted FS the monitor looked like Windows XP went into safe mode, and I had to reboot. On the forth attempt I finally saw the windows failure screne that told me an error had accured in my graphics card driver.

Well, after udating the drivers, I still get a hesitation when coming into the region of the new scenery but it only last a second and dosen't crash anymore.

Just thought I'd post this incase anyone else has this experiance and dosen't get the windows error message...Check your drivers and make sure their up to date...Robin

Okay, that is indeed a good tip. We'll add it to the database for this product.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mathijs.

I just wanted to ask if there was any news on obtaining the beech/beaver liveries yet?

OK, any more word on these liveries, I've been patiently waiting for the bare metal D-18. Didn't realy want to raise the issue (cause it seems I lost out the last time I asked about it) but seems like its getting lost in the shadows of all the other products...Robin

You're not having a lot of luck with it, are you ?

I must admit I too have a few reuqests outstanding for FSAddon products..... there is just so darn much to do by so few! I think Mathijs wrestles with a similar problem..... :? But keep on bumping !! :)

Francois

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs.

Any more news or updates ?

:D

I decided to only do the Hewitt livery of the Beech as the other liveries (fictive Freight Dogs livery) already are available and probably not very useful for most users. You can download it from this link; http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/~images/BEECH...ECH_111_UPD.zip

Please note that Freight Dogs customers do NOT need to download this update.

Sorry Mathijs, but I have got myself confused. :?

....... So let's put it this way, when we got the "Freight Dogs, The Scenery" product online you will find a free update that includes the new model/liveries on the Order History page as well .........

.......... Current owners of DHC2 Beaver and Beech18 will be able to buy a reduced version of "Freight Dogs, The Scenery" and will get a free update that contains the new Beech/Beaver model/liveries as well ..........

I could not find any download on my order page which is why I wanted to ask if there had been any news or updates about this yet.

Does this now mean that there will not be a free update available ?

I decided to only do the Hewitt livery of the Beech as the other liveries (fictive Freight Dogs livery) already are available and probably not very useful for most users. You can download it from this link; http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/~images/BEECH...ECH_111_UPD.zip

Please note that Freight Dogs customers do NOT need to download this update.

Where can I find these liveries if there are available ? Not sure where to look.

• Aerosoft

As it only contains a set of textures and a aircraft.cfg there was not need for any protection. So just click the link in the post and the file will stream to your system...

http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/~images/BEECH...ECH_111_UPD.zip