Whats a good laptop set up for FSX and addons.

pilotrich

Hey guys after getting all information from everyone on what is wrong with my airbus extended, i've came to the conclusion that i need a new super fast computer. Everyone who has this airbus x extended and many more addons has high tec computers. So my question here to day is whats a good (laptop computer only) set up. I need all specs and i need company names to.

Wouldn't recommend it either.

Laptops aren't such powerful as desktop PC's, and even with a desktop pc you have to deal with the FPS.

Not to forget the money you would have to spend.

I disagree! I've been running fsx on my Qosmio 505 for 3 years now. I have the NGX, AXE, PMDG JS41 and more than 20 Caribbean, US and South American scenery with AES, GSX, 3d Cockpit effects, FSPS Booster with no problem. All are LatinVfr, Tropicalsim, and even FlyTampa Tampa, Saint Maarten and Grenadines. I have some tweaks on my CFG. Now Not everything is maxed, but I have a very decent 20 FPS on both the NGX and AXE and about 25 to 30 at the FL's

My specs are i7 Q840 @1.73 super boost 2.93 GHz

6 Gigs Ram

GTX 460M

Windows 7 64 bit

You can find better laptops than mine out there. I Highly recommend Toshiba Qosmio though.

Erik G

I disagree! I've been running fsx on my Qosmio 505 for 3 years now. I have the NGX, AXE, PMDG JS41 and more than 20 Caribbean, US and South American scenery with AES, GSX, 3d Cockpit effects, FSPS Booster with no problem. All are LatinVfr, Tropicalsim, and even FlyTampa Tampa, Saint Maarten and Grenadines. I have some tweaks on my CFG. Now Not everything is maxed, but I have a very decent 20 FPS on both the NGX and AXE and about 25 to 30 at the FL's

6 Gigs Ram

GTX 460M

Windows 7 64 bit

You can find better laptops than mine out there. I Highly recommend Toshiba Qosmio though.

Erik G

Thank man finally some who doesn't disagree with every thing i say. Now i like everyone of your specs, its just 1500$ is the limit. So what do i do now.

6 Gigs Ram

GTX 460M

Windows 7 64 bit

Erik G

which Toshiba Qosmio should i get, i new a 17 inch screen.

The new Qosmios are better than the one that I have. I have an 18.3 inch one. Just shop around but I highly doubt you'll find a good gaming laptop for $1500, more like $2200, lol. A desktop is a lot better but if you're like me on the go a lot, A gaming laptop like my Qosmio will do just fine :)

I think you will cry for the money that you will spend for that laptop!! I tell you like everyone else here, a laptop is not for FSX, but you will agree with us after you will have it!!

Just for an example, I have I5 2500k @4.2GHZ, 12GB RAM, Ati 6870 1GB Ram 256bit 950Mhz and I run FSX with 23-24FPS on a payware airport like LFPG with NGX or AXE and I don't know if a laptop could do better than my sistem, with a laptop you will have 15fps, so that is not good????

If you read dmncnpilot post you will notice that he has 20FPS on a payware airport surrounded by water, that is a very low FPS for an airport that is surrounded by water, at that kind of airport you should have 30fps locked, because that is not a very hard scenery, if he will have an american airport or an european airport like LFPG, EDDS, EBBR,KJFK, KBOS,KMIA he will tell you that he has 12fps, is everybody here agree with me!!!?? So don't spend 1500$ for a laptop, you will cry!!!!!!!

I think you will cry for the money that you will spend for that laptop!! I tell you like everyone else here, a laptop is not for FSX, but you will agree with us after you will have it!!

Just for an example, I have I5 2500k @4.2GHZ, 12GB RAM, Ati 6870 1GB Ram 256bit 950Mhz and I run FSX with 23-24FPS on a payware airport like LFPG with NGX or AXE and I don't know if a laptop could do better than my sistem, with a laptop you will have 15fps, so that is not good????

If you read dmncnpilot post you will notice that he has 20FPS on a payware airport surrounded by water, that is a very low FPS for an airport that is surrounded by water, at that kind of airport you should have 30fps locked, because that is not a very hard scenery, if he will have an american airport or an european airport like LFPG, EDDS, EBBR,KJFK, KBOS,KMIA he will tell you that he has 12fps, is everybody here agree with me!!!?? So don't spend 1500$ for a laptop, you will cry!!!!!!!

Yes and no PinkJackal,

I do have LatinVFR KMIA, FSDT KJFK, KFLL, KBOS, and they run fine on my comp. I get right about 20 FPS. I preffer to fly in the Caribbean though, just personal pref. But however, you're right, I will never be able to get higher FPS on my laptop. That's a reason why (NOW that I'm settled, Not Deploying) that I'm thinking about getting a desktop. I've had my laptop for a bit now and it's been through Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait, Afghanistan, etc. I've been able to sim without issues.

I'm not saying that he should or shouldn't get a laptop, I'm simply answering his question. People seem to be against FSX on laptops, but I disagree, it can run ok on a laptop. He's obviosly on the go (mobile) if he's asking about a laptop.

Erik G

• Aerosoft

I would suggest:

• medium range core i7 CPU
  • cheap motherboard
  • 12 gb of mem (what kind does not really matter much for sims)
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti if you want to limit cost, or a 670 Ti if you got as bit more to spend
  • 256 SSD for your OS and sim
  • Windows 7/64

That would set you back roughly $1000. Getting the same performance on a laptop (if possible) would cost double.

Guys I just went out yesterday and purchased a new Computer. It is the

Toshiba Black Widow 17.3" Qosmio X875-Q7390 Laptop PC with Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor and Windows 8

Key Features and Benefits:

• Intel Core i7-3630QM processor
    2.40GHz, 6MB Cache
  • 16GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
    Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
  • 1TB hard drive and 1TB hybrid disk drive
    Store 1,300,000 photos, 571,000 songs or 1,053 hours of HD video and more
  • Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable & SuperMulti DVD Drive
    Watch HD movies, and read and write CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs in multiple formats
  • 10/100/1000 Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC
  • 17.3" Full HD 3D TruBrite LED-backlit display
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M Graphics with 3D Vision, Optimus technology and 3GB GDDR5 graphics memory
  • So guys Is that enough computer power for a laptop or what?

Guys I just went out yesterday and purchased a new Computer. It is the

Toshiba Black Widow 17.3" Qosmio X875-Q7390 Laptop PC with Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor and Windows 8

Key Features and Benefits:

• Intel Core i7-3630QM processor
    2.40GHz, 6MB Cache
  • 16GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
    Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
  • 1TB hard drive and 1TB hybrid disk drive
    Store 1,300,000 photos, 571,000 songs or 1,053 hours of HD video and more
  • Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable & SuperMulti DVD Drive
    Watch HD movies, and read and write CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs in multiple formats
  • 10/100/1000 Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC
  • 17.3" Full HD 3D TruBrite LED-backlit display
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M Graphics with 3D Vision, Optimus technology and 3GB GDDR5 graphics memory
  • Is that enough computer power for a laptop.

Yeah that is very good, but for the money you probably spent, you could have got twice as more and maybe even more performance had you bought a desktop computer.

Yeah that is very good, but for the money you probably spent, you could have got twice as more and maybe even more performance had you bought a desktop computer.

I know desktops are like that most best out their, but I Travel a lot and it would be nice to take your simulator where ever you go.

I know desktops are like that most best out their, but I Travel a lot and it would be nice to take your simulator where ever you go.

That's what I thought pilotrich, I knew you were on the "GO" like me, lol. I've simmed all over the world, lol. But now that I'm setting roots back in the good ole US of A I'm going to be looking for a good desktop and have my lappy as a back up for when I travel.

Please let me know how Windows 8 is treating you and the whole setup is. BTW, I'm also using FSPS FSX Booster and some CFG tweaks.

Enjoy :)

Erik G

Adrijan Pekovic,

Unfortunately that's the price we who travel and are always on the go have to pay :( I wish I could travel with a desktop but it ain't happening, lol

Erik G

PS, If I could install FSX on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 I'd be so happy, hehehe

Adrijan Pekovic,

Unfortunately that's the price we who travel and are always on the go have to pay :( I wish I could travel with a desktop but it ain't happening, lol

Erik G

PS, If I could install FSX on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 I'd be so happy, hehehe

Hey what is your computer specs.

6 Gigs Ram

GTX 460M

Windows 7 64 bit

Erik G

Hey so like do you have FSX frame slider maxed like i do. What is your FSX settings looking like?

Mines are unlimited TARGET FRAME RATE.

1024X768X32

FILTERING Anisotropic

(Checked) Anti-Aliasing

Global texture very high

Advanced Animations

3-D Virtual Cockpit

Aircraft landing lights illuminate Ground

High resolution 3-D cockpit (Checked)

Weather is changing all the time, full cloud coverage and miles but no detailed clouds

Water 1x

(checked) Ground scenery

Airport Density Normal

Ground Scenery Normal

Traffic is 5% if flying in united states or close

Traffic is 10% if flying in the UK type area

Traffic is 100% if flying in the south America area or Australia Or Africa type area.

That's the only settings being used right now until my upcoming computer.

Archived