Landing Memo / GA Altitude

funkyj4ever

1 When the co-pilot sets flaps 1 on approach the pilot says flaps 2 immediately and that results in a overspeed

2 The after landing checklist wont start. The co-pilot says apu and starts that and thats it, nothing more.

I test fly this bird on mykonos a lot. And another small thing is the go around alt. sometimes the pilot wont set that.

Thanks for reading, hope you fix these problems

2 The after landing checklist wont start. The co-pilot says apu and starts that and thats it, nothing more.

Did you set an MDA in the MCDU APPR page instead of a DH?

• Deputy Sheriffs

1 When the co-pilot sets flaps 1 on approach the pilot says flaps 2 immediately and that results in a overspeed

3 And another small thing is the go around alt. sometimes the pilot wont set that.

I test fly this bird on mykonos a lot. Thanks for reading, hope you fix these problems

1. There are a lot of posts regarding this subject i. e. setting flaps by the copilot too early....... Please have a look into this. The main point is that your ZFW is wrong. Please use the one from the Fuelplanner and enter it manually on the INIT B page p. e. "/55.6" This should solve your problem.
  2. We had this problem before release 1.04 because the Landing Memo did not appear and so the Checklist got stuck. But it should be solved after installaing 1.04. So please install 1.04...... but before that you have to uninstall (using the Uninstaller) the previous version / hotfixes....
  3. The problem with the GA altitude is quite easy. The copilot uses the one from the MCDU FPLAN i. e. the highest one after the arrival runway. If there is no one in your FPLAN then you have to set the GA altitude manually....

Hanse

I already got 1.04. I made another test flight and still no after start checklist. I made a flight from lgsr to lgir and landed perfectly but no after start checklist, it gets stuck at apu

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

then to indentify (or reproduce) your problem we need much more information:

• Did you uninstall 1.03b plus hotfixes using the Uninstaller i.e. not just deleting files?
  • Does this happen on every flight or just on a certain flight or ramdomly?
  • Are you using the copilot or not?
  • What AXE you are using (320 or 321) - CFM / IAE
  • Which ZFW showed the FUELPLANNER - how much fuel you loaded?
  • Did you enter the right ZFW into the MCDU?
  • LGIR: Which runway / STAR / TRANS you used?

We need this information because there are a lot of facts which might influence the behaviour on your system....

Hanse

I don't have the problem when the pilot calls landing before landing, the checklist then starts. It has something to do with the dh. Maybe because lgir is higher then 200dh, witch is standard i think the landing call wont trigger.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

you can change the DH value manually or are required to do so if the value for LGIR is different....... (200 is just a proposal and a very common value) So please try and report back if this solves your problem......

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

this means that the FINAL CL has not been completed..... Please see chapter 5.20 and 5.21 of the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide.

• For the Checklist- and Copilot functionality you need a fully set up MCDU incl. MCDU PERF APPR page...
  • DH is no condition for the FINAL as well as the LANDING CL
  • GA altitude must be < 3.000 feet and is a condition of the LANDING CL
  • Normally the FINAL CL finishes after the FLAPS have been set to landign configuration (normally FULL).
  • The LANDING CL starts if the flaps setting is according to the MCDU PERF APPR settings (normally FULL).....

So please try again and follow exactly the steps as mentioned in the tutorial 5.20 and 5.21. Sorry I have no other solution. Then please report back what went wrong i. e. was not working accroding to the checklist items.....

Hanse

I made a video of the problem. My hard disk was full at the end but i changed nothing and landed and turned and heard a few clicks and apu on and thats it. At 500 dh i only hear the aircraft but no landing. Sorry for the poor video. Hope this helps a little bit. And the sounds you hear is james may(top gear) explaining the universe xd. I the problem still is not identified i will make a better video with better quality and having the landing.

• GA altitude must be < 3.000 feet and is a condition of the LANDING CL

Hanse

Does this mean that if I set a GA Altitude of E.G. 2000ft this will prevent something from working properly? I am asking this because, it is not uncommon to have 2000ft as GA Altitude. LIRF and LICC for example. Is it possible for you to lower this value?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Does this mean that if I set a GA Altitude of E.G. 2000ft this will prevent something from working properly? I am asking this because, it is not uncommon to have 2000ft as GA Altitude. LIRF and LICC for example. Is it possible for you to lower this value?

Hi,

as mentioned before the GA altitude is taken from the MCDU FPLAN and is the highest altitude of all waypoints displayed after the landing runway....... If you do not use the Copilot (he sets it automatically) then look into the FPLAN and manually insert this value. If the value is p.e. 2.590 feet and cannot be manually entered then please change the value in the MCDU to 2.600 and enter this value as the GA altitude (this is only valid until the next hotfix is realesed).

Hanse

Archived