Freight Dogs with Ultimate Terrain: Canada/Alaska

boshar

Just a heads up here. When you have Freight dogs installed and you install Ultimate Terrain: Canada/Alaska after that, you will get problems with the coastlines.

I came across this problem when I started my flight from Juneau Int. A quick solution is to disable the Freight Dogs terrain BGL's. You will find these files in Namw/scenery (*a.bgl, *b.bgl). Do not use the Uninstall batch files for this one because that will probably overwrite the Ultimate Terrain coastline BGL.

Maybe Holger can give us an update like he did for Misty or is this area to big to give away with Freight Dogs? (would be understandable for me)

Greetings

Harry

Thank for the link Shaun,

I missed that post (only searched for the keyword Ultimate). I tried to see what I could do with Holgers the patchfiles for Misty but it looks like that one is only usefull for those that have a full misty fjords version (not yet :cry: ).

The files causing the problem seem to be HP913120a.bgl and HP913120b.bgl. To be on the sure side I also disabled the HP912110a.bgl and HP912110b.bgl. Not sure if those last ones create any trouble here

Holgers UT patch does have a 0_UT_HL913120.bgl but I'm not sure where to put it and what to disable. Holgers batches do a lot of things with files that have the HL913120 name in them. I would not to do another install of UT Canada/Alaska again as it takes lots of time to do.

Greetings

Harry

Hi guys,

one of these days I'm going to have a seizure when someone says the phrase "batch files" :shock: :wink:

Harry's quick fix is a start but there are probably a number of other files, like roads and excludes, that should be dealt with to make FD fully compatible with UT. I'll have a closer look during the next days and post my findings here. Hope we'll get around this without another batch file!

BTW, the Misty Fjords/UT patch won't help here; best not to fiddle with it.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Looking back at my Engrish there are a lot of things besides batchfiles I'd beter not fidle with today. (one of those days)

Thanks for looking into this. My current 'solution' does seem to work but then again I can't see wat I'm missing with the disabled Misty settings.

Greetings,

Harry

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone,

I was wondering if there is any news on making UT Canada/AK fully compatible with Freight Dogs - the Scenery? When there is a conflict, how does it get resolved? Is it an Aerosoft problem that FD is not compatible with UT or the other way around? Either way, the products should note the incompatibility. I would have saved my money until there was a fix out.

I think the FD scenery is outstanding and would really like to use it but not with double coastlines everywhere north of Wrangle. I have Misty, UT -Can/AK, Holgars BC enhancements, FS gen mesh, Vancover+, and Holgars Vancover BC enhancements installed with no problems after the patches are installed.

Once FD - the scenary was installed, I had double coastlines from Wrangle almost to Skagway.

I've lost too much hair (pulling it out) before finding you have to do a un-install of FD from the control panel! :shock:

Thanks,

wurger

Hi Wurger,

you shouldn't have those double coast lines.

In your FS9SceneryNamwscenery folder, check for files named HP91211a.bgl and HP91211b.bgl. If you see one or both, rename the extension to *.bgl.bak and that should take care of those duplicate shorelines.

Cheers, Holger