Unable to make any selections on Right MCDU, help?

Habit

I was working through the step by step guide towards the tutorial flight but am unable to make any selections through the right MCDU. Using the left MCDU I am able to go to the cold dark panel state, I switch on the batteries and the gnd pwr avail but no buttons on the right MCDU allow for any selection. I have spent all day trying to get to the MCDU 2 Menu but can't find it so am unable to progress. I have looked at the manuals and have not located the error I am making and have also not been able to find anything on FAQs or in this forum. I am sorry if I am missing something obvious but I am losing the will to live!

My mouse just shows an Arrow and will not select (hand) over any of the LSK or function keys over the right MCDU but works the left. I can't find the MCDU 2 Menu either.

Mathijs,

Good Morning, I have just loaded FSX selected Freeflight with the Nikki A320 CFM model at EDDF Bay 38. I did not use TrackIR. I have thw same problem from the engines running VC on load up. I cannot access the Right MCDU I get no mouse control over any of the hotspots so I could not set up the views through the MCDU 2 Menu. I tried Shift + 1 to 9 as the manual suggests but I only have the selection Shift + 1 or Shift + 8 and this may be where the problem is. Shift + 8 on my system is the AS2012 weather gauge Shift + 1 in the main panel although selecting it does not appear to do anything. By using the A key to cycle through the views I am able to get to the MCDU view but have the same problem, I also used the mouse + space-bar to get to various views of the MCDU all the same, still no functionality with the right MCDU. I am considering uninstalling both Airbus X and the New Airbus X Extended V1.04 and trying a New Install, I am happy to lose the AS2012 Weather gauge but will have to try and workout how to uninstall it, all help gratefully received!

I will be starting work in Dubai in a few months time and will be buying a new PC will I be able to reinstall all my Aerosoft (I have a lot) purchases on a new system? Thanks for your patience.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dave,

1. The keyboard in connection with the Checklist functionality is only used to start or select certain checklists. And then only 1 or 2 (no SHIFT) are used in certain cases i. e. the options must already by available and displayed on the Infobar.
  2. If you use F9 and then 2 times pushing A you are seeing the MCDU. But do you also see the options or is the screen just black?
  3. If you can see the options then I think the only solution is that something has happened during the installation.

Hanse

Hanse,

Thank you. I think it may also be an installation issue so will probably uninstall and then reinstall. I am waiting for Mathijs to come back to me first though. Hanse sorry I have just noticed you are on the development team, do you think I should uninstall and try again?

Gentlemen,

I am sorry I have been wasting your time, it helps if you have selected the Airbus X Extended rather than the Airbus X. I am sorry I restarted FSX and noticed the Select aircraft thumb nails were different and that the aircraft/airlines were duplicated, no excuse really just a need to plea for your forgiveness! Sorry.

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen,

I am sorry I have been wasting your time, it helps if you have selected the Airbus X Extended rather than the Airbus X. I am sorry I restarted FSX and noticed the Select aircraft thumb nails were different and that the aircraft/airlines were duplicated, no excuse really just a need to plea for your forgiveness! Sorry.

No problem!

Archived