Default View System and GPWS

Mladen

Hello!

At present when I load a saved flight or start a new flight the View System is always ON and Enhenced GPWS is always OFF.

I would like to know how to set default values in Right MCDU > Options

- View System to OFF

- Enhenced GPWS to ON

Thank you,

Mladen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mladen,

just make your settings in the right MCDU as required. All of them will be saved and used for the next flight except:

• Checklist- and Copilot Functionality - has to be set to ON for every flight if used
  • ACFT STATE if you do not use the DEF functionality

I just tried and made those settings you mentioned i. e. View System = OFF and GWPS = ON. Then closed FSX and started it again. It worked fine i. e. the AXE started with those settings. So if this does not work for you we need much more information to reproduce the problem like

• Which release you are using? Upgraded already to release 1.04?
    • Which AXE you were loading?
    • What are the other settings in the right MCDU you are using?
    • Hanse

Hi Mladen,

just make your settings in the right MCDU as required. All of them will be saved and used for the next flight except:

• Checklist- and Copilot Functionality - has to be set to ON for every flight if used
  • ACFT STATE if you do not use the DEF functionality

I just tried and made those settings you mentioned i. e. View System = OFF and GWPS = ON. Then closed FSX and started it again. It worked fine i. e. the AXE started with those settings. So if this does not work for you we need much more information to reproduce the problem like

• Which release you are using? Upgraded already to release 1.04?
    • Which AXE you were loading?
    • What are the other settings in the right MCDU you are using?

Hanse

Hello Hanse!

Thank you for replying so quickly.

The problem was that I normally set View and GPWS and made my flight with those settings and after completing the flight exited FSX. On next FSX start the values were again reset to default.

After reading your reply, I started FSX, loaded AXE A320 CFM, set Views to OFF and GPWS to ON and exited FSX right away. At next start the values were as I wanted them to be! Problem solved!

Thank you for pointing to the correct procedure

Mladen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Malden,

normally this works if you make your settings, do the flight with the AXE and then close FSX. So I did not understand why this is not working on your system and the procedure I suggested was just a quick check. But I am happy that the problem is solved.

Hanse

Archived