Co-pilot cruise level

Maxloading

I use the co-pilot all the time and I noticed that if I use a cruise level FL250 on the short haul,it will keep on flashing : "climb to cruise level" (I am at my cruise altitude as per FMGC)

If on the other hand my cruise level is above FL280 there is no problem at all.

When I use before taxi check list, it resets the altitude to 28000 on the MCP and I have to realign the IRS.

I think the default should be FL150 so they won't be any problem.

Apart from these minor inconvenience I think it's extremely well done and helps a lot during the flight.I really enjoy it.

AlainV

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi AlainV,

this problem is quite new to me because I also did a lot of flights with FL 200. Also there is a condition included in the Taxi CL that if no FL has been entered into the FCU by the user the copilot automatically will set the first FL to 7.000 feet (not considering the FL entered into the MCDU)

So I believe this has to do something with values from a previous flight which have not been "deleted". So please tell me if you started the flight mentioned with on of the 3 main ACFT STATES, with a user state or did you use the turnaround functionality?

Hanse

Hi,

I have almost the same Problem, normally everything worked fine but since 1.03b everytime i reach my cruise level (FL075 or FL065) the info bar is still flashing "climb to cruise level" and the checklist is not going further on.

I started the flight with the Cold&Dark ACFT State.

lg

Sanjai

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I think it has something to do with the FL and the MCDU settings. So the first question I do have: Have you set up a complete MCDU i.e. all pages like INIT A+B, FPLAN and PERF are filled with the necessary data? This is basic for a flight with the checklist- and Copilot functionality.

Also a FL of 075 or 065 is not a normal FL for an Airbus and I never did something so extraordinary. So I tried. The CLIMB CL is still running until the following conditions are met: Alt > 28.000 feet or FMA “ALT / ALT CRZ”. Using a FL of 650 this works fine i. e. it changes reaching 6.500 feet to ALT CRZ but the problem is that the previous item in the CL: Passing 10.000 feet - "lights off" is not fulfilled and so the CL stucks. Using a FL below 10.000 feet will also cause the same problem during DESCENT because 10.000 never will be reached......

I will check with the developers but as this is not a "common" way to fly an Airbus - and everybody wants it more real - it will have not a high priority on our list...... Sorry.....

Hanse

Archived