Blank Right MCDU

hipshot845

Just installed version 1.03b and the right mcdu is blank. If I push the buttons around the sides then that action is initiated and some words appear on the screen but I can't even identify what functions they signify.

Does anybody know what is going on here?

Richard

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Richard,

1. Did you also install all hotfixes on top of 1.03b i.e. do you have the current version on your PC?
  2. Did you exactly follow the Vol6 StepbyStep guide i.e. starting from "Dark&Cold"? There are certain conditions necessary ..... So please try again following all the steps mentioned in the guide. Then please tell us, at which step (number) the problem occured the frist time.....

Hanse

Thanks for helping, Hanse.

I started the bus in accordance with the same way as I did with the step by step manual for 1.02, in which the right MCDU worked, anything changed for 1.03?

Also, do you mean I should install everything in the hotfixes, updates section? I checked there but didn't see anything in relation to my problem.

Richard

Richard

Sometimes my mcdu is greyed out and i cant select any options. So tonight est time 8:30 pm i tried to do a flight from KLAX-KSLC via LOOP6 DAG J9 MLF QWENN3. I didnt want to restart so i just turned on the apu to power the airplane and keep preping. So after takeoff(clean config) about 1 hr into the flight I get a FSX pause and the plan resets mid flight but engines stay running. However when it decided to reset on its on I once again had the right mcdu clickable options.......something to look into?

Nathan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Nathan,

I think you expereinced two different problems:

1. FSX-Crash / Reset: Please have a look into the other sections of this forum because there are a lot of threads already in respect. Maybe there you can find some helpful information to solve your problem.
  2. Right MCDU checklist options greyed out: To use the checklist functionality you previously need to load one of the 3 main ACFT STATES. You can also use "saved user states" but there are certain conditions how those staes then have to be saved..... (please have a look into the updated Vol6 StepbyStep English guide....)

Hanse

Archived