Feature request - towing

EDDM

Hello,

I want to request a feature: towing . At real airports, aircraft are parked often on a different position e.g. for cleaning or maintenance or due to lacking aircraft capacity at the gates, and are towed to the boarding gate close before boarding. So maybe it is possible to implent a feature, that allows towing parked aircraft to another parking position. That would be another step of more realism...

Keep in mind that movements over a larger distance are always difficult because traffic and objects have to be avoided. Even though AES is specific for special scenery this is not always easy.

Yes, I understand this and considered it also. However, even if there were conflicts with AI-traffic it would be an awesome feature. As the Follow-me vehicle can find every position and there is also the push-in-feature, I thought it would not be impossible to implement this, as far as concerns technics...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey !! I would like to see the option to select the vehicles to attach to the aircraft, for example im flying a UPS aircraft and I only want to crew to get into the plane I can request only the escalator on the left or right side of the plane just to get the crew and after that push back, for me that will be so cool and realistic, also the option to have either the front or the back catering truck, some airlines especially on the small planes like 737's only do the catering on the front door, that will be awesome as well !!

I'm assuming more "people" will be added in later releases? One thing that I would like to see is baggage loaders actually "loading" stuff like how the catering trucks "load" the carts in. It looks really awesome and gives more depth to AES I find.

• 2 weeks later...

Some airports (Like LAX) that have very tight parking areas have the ability to have aircraft towed-in to their parking gate. I think this would be a great feature.

There are already "push-in" gates for ex. at DME. It works like this - you come to a gate (I am not sure, possibly you have to come with FMC), and marshaller will order you to stop at taxiway. He will connect the cart then and push you into position. At least that is how I remember, I have not flown to Moscow DME since I use FSX.

Archived