Low FPS at high end PC

Hi,

I bought my new computer last week, the specs are:

Processor: Intel i5 3570K

Graphic card: Asus Nvidia GTX 670 TOP

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

RAM: 8GB

So with AXE, Lisbon X, GEX, UTX, AES, FPS locked in 50 FPS, in cockpit at ground I only have 15-20 fps

Is this normal?!

I've tried venetubo's tweak cfg, but it's equal.

Thanks.

FPS locked in 50 FPS

This might be the problem. My suggestion is that you don't lock your fps at all (set it to maximum) and use an external fps limiter. There is a bug in FSX that doesn't handle the fps limitation right. When disabling the internal fps limiter this buggy piece of software doesn't come into action.

Works for me.

I see you use an nVidia graphics card, in wich case you can use nVidia Inspector. This program contains a built-in fps limiter.

Otherwise, you can use this one. A readme file can be found inside.

FSX has not the best engine. So it primary uses only one core of your CPU and the other ones are not really used by FSX. So you need a high clock on your CPU to get a good result out of your Sim.

About 3.8 to 4.2 GHz and you get massive FPS.

FSX has not the best engine. So it primary uses only one core of your CPU and the other ones are not really used by FSX. So you need a high clock on your CPU to get a good result out of your Sim.

My processor have 3.40 Ghz, which maximum Ghz with OC?

And how can I do it?

A tweak can use up the 4 core, its covered up in the venetubo tweaks

If u want to OC it, not here find some youtube video, Be note that u will fry your CPU and motherboard try it at your own risk

And buy a after market heatsink, if u r not familier please dun try, i have fried my i5 760 last year thats why i got i5 2500k

Just 4.2ghz u should be fine

I've venetubo .cfg tweaked.

Some tips. Dun try yet LOL

Just play with ratio like 43x100(THE 100 U DUN CHANGE only the MULTIPLIER)=4300ghz

=4.3

Use prime95 to do a stress test normally a 1h run will proof.if u really want very very stable run it 24h by i dun think i gonna play game that long too. So 1h prime95 is enough

Things u need.

Prime95 (program,stress test your cpu)

A program to monitor your CPU temps (dun over 75 degree C)

bellow 70 will be good.

Buy a aftermarket heatsink if u dun have maybe 4.0ghz will be ok for stock heatsink

And dun cry if you fry your system (no joke!)

OC CPU is via bios

best of luck

Hi Galaio,

P8Z77-V DELUXE.

Chirag,

What fsx.cfg tweaks are you using?

You can see if your board has overclocking software. If so, you don't need to change the settings directly on motherboard.

You need to perform some stress tests after oc.

Take a look on this:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?197835-IntelBurnTest-The-new-stress-testing-program

If tapv added support to p3d...

Regards,

Galaio

Chirag,

What fsx.cfg tweaks are you using?

You can see if your board has overclocking software. If so, you don't need to change the settings directly on motherboard.

You need to perform some stress tests after oc.

Take a look on this:

http://www.xtremesys...testing-program

If tapv added support to p3d...

Regards,

Galaio

I'm using this: http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Now I have much more fps.

I'm using this: http://kostasfsworld...hardware-guide/

Now I have much more fps.

Chirag, I followed that guide and I'm now getting very smooth performance in FSX with all the scenery sliders set to maximum. Kosta thinks that its still better to use FSX's own internal framerate limiter rather than an external one, and after much experimentation, I agree with him. So, assuming your monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz ( I think most are ) set Vertical Sync to 1/2 Refresh Rate in Nvidia Inspector ( its shown on that picture in the guide ) then go into FSX and set the framerate limiter to exactly 30 fps ( 30 being half of 60, you see ). Amongst all the other tweaks, this one gave me a massive boost !

By the way, I used a Ventubo-tweaked cfg, for some time, but for Kosta's tweaks, I started with a fresh default fsx.cfg. Going through his guide has transformed my experience of FSX, so much so that I have gone back to FSX from P3D.

Chirag, I followed that guide and I'm now getting very smooth performance in FSX with all the scenery sliders set to maximum. Kosta thinks that its still better to use FSX's own internal framerate limiter rather than an external one, and after much experimentation, I agree with him. So, assuming your monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz ( I think most are ) set Vertical Sync to 1/2 Refresh Rate in Nvidia Inspector ( its shown on that picture in the guide ) then go into FSX and set the framerate limiter to exactly 30 fps ( 30 being half of 60, you see ). Amongst all the other tweaks, this one gave me a massive boost !

By the way, I used a Ventubo-tweaked cfg, for some time, but for Kosta's tweaks, I started with a fresh default fsx.cfg. Going through his guide has transformed my experience of FSX, so much so that I have gone back to FSX from P3D.

I'm using NVidia Inspector for framelimiter.

With my backup of original fsx.cfg I've followed the guide, and results are 5*.

And tested also with venetubo, but with Kosta's tweaks got better.

Put UNLIMITED fp's at FSX, then limit 35 fp's into NVidia Inspector.

Don't put UNLIMITED via FSX menu, because this will be erase some tweaks of fsx.cfg after you click "OK", then close FSX, so do this:

Replace this: UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30 for this UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0 at your fsx.cfg

I've limited to 35 fp's.

My settings:

8f1ad137e0be22ac8a59e0ea09286464.png

Chirag, I'm getting an almost constant 30 fps with all the sliders ( including autogen ) to the right. Vsync at 1/2 refresh rate, 30 fps on internal limiter because thats half the monitor's refresh rate ( 60 Hz ). Kosta's been through it, I've tested it endlessly, and he's right - the internal limiter is smoother, at least for me. None of my tweaks are ever erased. :)

Archived