Stavanger X problem

Guest Geir Haukland

Tried what you suggested and flicker gone. Still some flicker when circling ENBR,looking down, but no constant flicker like before.

I still have some stuttters. I think it has something to do with the weather change rate. Seems like I have to test out Opus more...Rex is dead - and: [#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community.

This is what happened: I got verified as a member. Then searched the forum for my issue, weather engine not loading.

I saw the OP had the same issue as me and the support staff told him to reinstall both fsx and rex.

- I responded : "wow...surely the support staff can come with better solution than reinstalling everything..I have the same issue and this should be last resort imo. As if i should format every computer i troubleshoot.. "

- My post got deleted and I replied again: "Sad..." Then got this when I entered their site again: [#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community.

I have contacted both admin staff at the forum and rex support&management but no response. Can it be that the moderator got offended or something? If so, touchy....And imo, misuse of admin rights. A paying customer should get support no matter how constructive the criticism is.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Geir Haukland

un-install REX, and reboot, then try again with ENBR, see if that helps, if not, it has to be something else that causes this to happend. If i were you, i would ditch REX and go for Opus, but thats my 5 cents, others may not agree with me, but thats them, not me.. I am very happy with Opus..I have a stable fps rate at 24-30 even at Stavanger X and MA Gardermoen and Vaernes X, works fine. Same fps there, 24-30.. and smooth as it should be..

Try disable the REX, and see if that helps as well, when you get that kind of responds from REX support team, i would guess more professional support then that, at least i dont give you up, not just yet, we're so close to solving this, and i wont stop untill the job is done, no matter how long it takes.. :-)

EDIT:

REmove demoversion of GEX, reboot. Disable REX or remove it, reboot, start FSX, see if that helps..

un-install REX, and reboot, then try again with ENBR, see if that helps, if not, it has to be something else that causes this to happend. If i were you, i would ditch REX and go for Opus, but thats my 5 cents, others may not agree with me, but thats them, not me.. I am very happy with Opus..I have a stable fps rate at 24-30 even at Stavanger X and MA Gardermoen and Vaernes X, works fine. Same fps there, 24-30.. and smooth as it should be..

Try disable the REX, and see if that helps as well, when you get that kind of responds from REX support team, i would guess more professional support then that, at least i dont give you up, not just yet, we're so close to solving this, and i wont stop untill the job is done, no matter how long it takes.. :-)

EDIT:

REmove demoversion of GEX, reboot. Disable REX or remove it, reboot, start FSX, see if that helps..

hehe, nice to know, thank you for that. Cheered me up a bit:)

I'll try removing fsdreamteam gsx demo and see if it helps. To disable rex i guess that means uninstall. But i would then lose runway textures etc.

Guest Geir Haukland

Was hoping you should say that, i have a near as good sollution for you regarding the rnwy textures. Download this and read the readme, and make sure you backup everything before you even try it.

Download this: http://digisatt.com/FSX/runway_detail_texture_set_by_fsx_workshop.zip

This changes your rnwy texture to 3 different ones of your choice, fine, concrete or rough, up to you what texture you want, but remember, this affects world wide airports, except from those you payed for or free ones..

Regarding other texture you may loose, but its worth it. If you have UTE X installed, you wont loose much, trust me you wont..

Right click link, and save file as... :excellenttext_s:

wow, is it anything like this and more? http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425635 - Maybe just buy dangerous airports instead? :P

I really like that texture: http://www.iflysimx.com/index.php?/topic/158-runway-detail-texture-set/

But I'm afraid to lose certain features like, taxiway markings,runway markings, airport signs and airport parking space. Not to mention the water and light texture. But I will uninstall this piece of pfffay-ware and try out these textures:) - This is freeware, correct?

I Read the readme..Could I choose rough for both concrete and tarmac/asphalt runways?

Thank you for your patience, kind of newb at this sim stuff. But after some months with trial and error on flying and tweaking I,yesterday, finally got the feeling of accomplishment. It shimmered up my spine as I turned off AP on final approach and slightly pitched the nose up for a fine touchdown :) - I do believe some neck hairs stood tall :ididit_s:

S.

Guest Geir Haukland

This is freeware yes. And i think someone made high quality aiport markings etc out there, i thought i had the file but i was wrong, maybe i have it, but i have tons of addons everywere on several harddrives, its a matter of time before i find it... lol

for the water, you can try the freeware called : FS Water Configurator 3.15, search google for FSWC, and download this small package for the water effects. You will find what you are looking for regarding water effects.

Sorry, gone through a huge disc plus several small ones, and so far i found none. But i will hunt down that file, it changes the markings to HD and it does it with the jet ways too, but if anyone in this forum knows what i am talking about, please feel free to assist us so we can settle this.. PLEASE!!!

This is freeware yes. And i think someone made high quality aiport markings etc out there, i thought i had the file but i was wrong, maybe i have it, but i have tons of addons everywere on several harddrives, its a matter of time before i find it... lol

for the water, you can try the freeware called : FS Water Configurator 3.15, search google for FSWC, and download this small package for the water effects. You will find what you are looking for regarding water effects.

Sorry, gone through a huge disc plus several small ones, and so far i found none. But i will hunt down that file, it changes the markings to HD and it does it with the jet ways too, but if anyone in this forum knows what i am talking about, please feel free to assist us so we can settle this.. PLEASE!!!

FS Water Configurator 3.15 - I heard of that, I'll check it out:)

Haha, it is starting to pile up here as well. Don't waste too much energy on me now, you hear - All though I appreciate your kindness :)

Guest Geir Haukland

Done! :mallet_s: but i wont give you up just yet, i will not settle before you have it up and running smoothly as i have. I have no flicker at cloud9 Bergen at all, except from some problems with a small flickering on jetways behind the terminal on the right side, but it dont bother me as i never look that way, and the ground markings are great, no flickering there..

I will get back to you as soon as i find that marking file for ground and jetways etc.. Do you have UTE X ( Ultimate Terrain Europe X installed? If so, i have and alternate railroad track with more details and so on for you, and they look great, i also have high def moon texture for you in real HD from 512 to 2048 px details. Just let me know, but anyway, all these can be easy found online.. :glare_s: if you know were to look.. :big_boss_s:

Hehe,slam dunk. When you freelook around the VC and outside - do u have some small stutters, normal in fsx? I think I'm just being extremely picky. Maybe I should make a video or something - easier to see if anything is wrong at all..

- Yeh, been gathering files from flightsim.no filbibliotek. and, avsim.ru and many others. Never thought I needed the moon texture, is it any good.? And I do have UTXeu installed.

The flicker appears only when flying over enbr, looking down at the gates - the tarmac around the gates flicker. BUT much less than before. I remember i tuned something in the add on manager,. But that is FSX global settings - I thought I made changes to bergen only. But I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm just being picky. It is all in all pretty good now. Some stutters only - But that i think is caused by fsx default real weather - or the change rate of the weather.(as it lags when clouds appear etc) - Det var den opus saken ja...Awaiting rex support to contact me. I have sent mail to everyone inside rex company - as I get no response from any admins or support staff. Utrolige folk!! Men fine dagen ska kje bli ødelagt for det!

S.

Guest Geir Haukland

Look what i found dude.. Yep, you got that right, the HD runway markings, parking etc file for you, and here it is:

http://digisatt.com/FSX/HD-Jetway-and-Airport-Parking.zip

When i look outside and around, i dont have any stutters at all, and the only flickering i have is that jetway fence on the right side of the terminal on the ground, when circling over ENBR, and look down, i have no flickering at all, all i have is a smooth scenery with nice graphics to look at.

Yes i have UTX and Ground Envirnoment installed, and still have no flickering, and i have modifyed some parts of the scenery myself. Just some minor adjustment here and there, nothing big really, but i still dont have any flickering..Try to set the default weather inside FSX to less updates. If you set the clouds to 144km range, you will get better performance i think. I use only Opus for real weather when flying, and still have no flickering at ENBR.

Even when flying to ENGM still no stutters, but i have experienced that i was denied landing coz of the bad weather and the airport was IFR only, as i cared, i landed anyway, but the tower was not happy that i did, i had almost no fuel left so i had to or ditch it on the ground, so i landed.. :-)

But try the file i posted, you will be happy you got rid of REX. Also worth purchasing, real grass texture, its only a couple bucks tho, i did, and it is nice to see some nearly perfect grass runways with the new texture.. :-)

If you need any other files, i can upload it to my server, and free for all to download, as the BW is unlimited, so go ahead folks, download if you like..

Regards

G.H.

Oh, forgot one..

Yes i have the moon texture installed, and its a lot better then the default fsx one, i highly rec it for you and others, no loss of the fps rate either, so go ahead and use it, backup first.. :blowbubble_s:

Nice! :)

airport was IFR only, as i cared, i landed anyway, but the tower was not happy that i did, i had almost no fuel left so i had to or ditch it on the ground, so i landed.. :-)

Been there done that! What can you do when flying on reserves:) - Guess we need FULL atc for that one(haven't decided on witch yet,seems like FScaptain,voxatc or fs2crew is the thing to buy) - The one's that has emergency call outs etc, I believe that can help us in such situations :P

I tried out the rex grass - but it changed the entire tarmac on enzv for me so i had it disabled. Real grass is something else I figure..Googling it now:)

The moon I will try. No doubt there.

And rex is being uninstalled as soon as I get contact with rex. I have now asked flightsim.no to take contact with them - As they don't reply to my mails. If no contact is established and me being left out of rex community, well im just gonna dump it in the trash then say, det va dei kronene !

Thanks for the file btw! awsum :)

Guest Geir Haukland

The aircraft i was using was the p51 and taking off from "Geiteryggen" both tanks was full, and you know, an old aircraft uses lot of fuel, so i was luck to reach ENGM at all, either that or return to ENKJ. But shame on thos admins that refuses to give support for you with rex. But hey, if you try Opus, i am most certain you will get it, and you wont regret it, but remember that little program needs FSUIPC and simconnect to work right. But all that is explained in the read me file.

the moon texture is at library avsim i think, if you dont find it, i can give it to you here, so others can have it as well.

That should not happend with rex grass, you must have done something wrong when installing that one. As i recall, the detail1.bmp in the rex grass to install, copy the detail1.bmp to your FSX Scenery\World\Texture folder i took a backup of the orginal file, and it works for me, maybe you missed out something, i dont know..

Well, anything else you need, let me know..

Regards

G.H.

Haha, that would have been a "dangerous flight" according to ideal flight records :P

Yeah, i did the exact same thing with detail.1bmp - anyways. I will try that and opus later. Im certain myself that I will get those two..

I believe that FSUIPC and simconnect is already installed on my PC. Since i have airhauler and ideal flight. AH uses FSUIPC i think.

Im getting rdy for my 1st flight today:) - been considering online, but I don't think im ready yet with radio work in mind...

(finally got contact with admin at rex forums. He did not know of any ban. He said he had answered me. And told me to check the spam/junk folders. But I can not see any mails from rex at all, so..Except this last one, where he said he had replied to me 3 times. He forwarded the mail to MrFuchs..I'm getting confused with the entire thing,sigh - thought i keep u updated on the sitrep)

Indeed. Although I did not take off before 00.00. haha. Had to manage my 9 pilots before I could finally take a load to ENSO from ENHD. And continued to ENBR to check out the gfx and scenery. Night time with fog. Still have some shimmering in the ground texture by the terminal. Prolly rex interferring...It wouldn't amaze me...

Guest Geir Haukland

You tell me... :-)

I run into a small problem with ENBR today, i have now double gates, double terminal building, how do i fix that?

Here is what i tried so far:

Removed scenery and rebooted

Re-installed scenery and rebooted

Still double up of gates, terminal and the construction yard behind the terminal on the far right at gate 22/23

I give up if i cant track down the problem, i posted a topic over at cloud9, and now i am waiting for an answer, go there, and see the picture i posted..

G.H

Will do. Skimming through the forum now. arg: wrong forum or what: http://www.cloud9crew.com/forum/index

- hah, im such a nabb... i registered there. so many forums my head is spinning

Not long till uninstall now, I can tell you that :P

edit: I parked at Gate 21 last night - thats near that fence you talk about. And no issues here as I can recall.

Guest Geir Haukland

Then there has to be a leftover file from another scenery, but i scanned my system and it cam up okay, no double ups or fault, so this one i cant solve... LOL :bow_down2_s:

Guest Geir Haukland

Nope, i did a complete un-install, and then i rebooted, then went back to the install again, all went well, no errors. All i have is double terminal and gates. Still no affect with the mentioned program, i give up.. This have been like this since i purchased it and installed it. But i did not notice the problem untill today.. Well, there goes my dimes, out the window.. Maybe Cloud9 is not as perfect as they claim to be, who knows..

Well, enough of my problems.

How did your flight go ?? Do you have less stuttering and flickering when paning around outside the aircraft? no flickering with the graphics?

G.H.

Hmm, scaring me here:p I'm not giving up on it just yet :)

Still the same issues here,,gonna test with the new settings asap.

im at flightsim now listening to the talk of the birds...can you link the cloud9 forum, i can't find or dont know witch one to register at...i registered at cloud9-crew.com...obviously wrong:p

Guest Geir Haukland

Hmmmm... Well, here is the link, but i am not sure it is allowed or not, but we will soon know..

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/

Scroll down to the end, and enter Bergen and see what i mean....... Sorry admin for the link, but in my case i think it is allowed, I sorta hope..

Archived