Stavanger X problem

Guest Geir Haukland

I forgot the == digits in the serial...Feel so stupid atm:)

But the taxiways are not concrete nor asphalt. It is grass texture.

- I should mention that I have added REX Grass II: detail1.bmp - the texture at default airports needed a little upgrade if I may say so myself. Not sure if Stavanger X should look like this though..

grasq.gif

S.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Geir Haukland

Nope, they should not look like that, shure you did not copy the wrong file when upgraded the grass texture? Seems that you have a double copy somewere.

Question, in Stavanger X folder and go to folder Scenery, what size is this file that you have: AAphoto_SolaTaxiway.bgl , this file is all, it has the taxiways, aprons and runways and more, so what size is this in your folder?

The one i have is about 74.4 MB, and if you dont have this, try re-install it. And one more thing, Go to fsx/scenery/0601/ and disable this file: APX49110.bgl, this is the default stavanger in fsx, this has to be disabled in order to get stavanger X working the way it should be working.

Regards

G.H.

Take a look at the picture below, this is how Stavanger X should look like. Asphalt texture..

2013-4-3.jpg

The file is the same size, 74,4mb. And how do I disable a bgl file, just delete it?

Yes, I needed some better textures to default ENHD as it looks a bit unreal. So I added new texture, "REX Grass2": detail1.bmp file. So it is most likely double copy,,

- I would like to still have this enabled at f.ex ENHD and ENSO etc. Since I have purchased ENBR and ENZV. I will try your disable advice and get back to you:)

Thanks alot for the info!

Guest Geir Haukland

no. Rename it to APX49110.xxx that will do.. I had to do it to get the Stavanger X to work the way it should, also look if you have som weird files like .blob in scenery folder of stavanger X, delete them they are not in use. Butm try to restore your detail1.bmp to default, and see if that helps. If not, i'll zip mine and send it to you if needed. But you remembered to do a backup before you copyed the new one over??

EDIT: Here is the orginal "Detail1.bmp" You know were to copy that.

detail1.zip

Guest Geir Haukland

ENBR is NOT payware, that is freeware, and can be obtained from the flightsim forum. So if you have payed for ENBR, you should not, but however the ENZV is payware. The file i am talking about is for the ENZV, its the default and needs to be deactivated..

I bought Cloud9 Bergen. Tried the trial demo and I liked the scenery so i bought it. If only they made ENHD and ENSO, then I would islandhop all day :)

I have the backup detail1.bmp,yes, but thanks for providing a secondary backup:)

- Looks like it went back to normal. Allthough the asphalt/concrete at ENZV seems a bit "dirty" - or is it really like that at Sola Airport?

No sign of the .blob files.

The only problem I have now is that the scenery is all blurry when I reach my destination. Departing ENZV, to ENBR the scenery takes forever to load in...It often happen when I have long flights and I fast forward to destination. But have seen it with small flights also. Tried switching FTX to default FSX - but idk if hat has anything to do with that at all. Since im able to take a flight over alaska from czst to cybd with the scenery intact all the time.

Anyways, thanks for help and sorry for "hijacking" your post Geir! :)

Guest Geir Haukland

what specs are your computer? If its a high end then try this:

go to settings --> customize --> Globaltexture ( set this to High ) screen resolution 1920 x 1080 x 32 , then press scenery tab, starting at the top:

Level of detail radius: ( set this to medium, depending on your computer hardware )

Mesh complexity: set this to 100, or drop it to 80

Mesh resolution: set this to 10m ( i have 2m ), again depending on your hardware

Texture resolution: set this to 1m

Water effect: set this to high 1.x ( i have this at max )

Scenery complexity: set this to Very dense

Autogen density: set this to very dense

Special effects: set this to medium

uncheck ground scenery shadows

Now select weather:

Cloud draw distance: set this to 70mi / 112 km

Cloud coverage density: set this to max

Select Traffic:

Airline density: set this to 30%

General aviation traffic: set this to 30%

Airport vehicle density: set this to 30%

uncheck aircraft labels if you like.

Road traffic density: set this to 20%

Ships and Ferries: set this to 20%

Leisure boats: set this to 20%

Try these settings, and see what happends to your FPS, if it raises, then your good, if it drops, experiment with same settings to your likings.

Regards

G.H.

Guest Geir Haukland

I bought Cloud9 Bergen. Tried the trial demo and I liked the scenery so i bought it. If only they made ENHD and ENSO, then I would islandhop all day :)

I have the backup detail1.bmp,yes, but thanks for providing a secondary backup:)

- Looks like it went back to normal. Allthough the asphalt/concrete at ENZV seems a bit "dirty" - or is it really like that at Sola Airport?

No sign of the .blob files.

The only problem I have now is that the scenery is all blurry when I reach my destination. Departing ENZV, to ENBR the scenery takes forever to load in...It often happen when I have long flights and I fast forward to destination. But have seen it with small flights also. Tried switching FTX to default FSX - but idk if hat has anything to do with that at all. Since im able to take a flight over alaska from czst to cybd with the scenery intact all the time.

Anyways, thanks for help and sorry for "hijacking" your post Geir! :)

Try defraging your fsx drive, that may solve a lot of problems. You should defrag when you have installed a lot of new stuff..

Guest Geir Haukland

Never defrag SSD discs. But try out the settings i gave you, and see if that helps a bit, it should, as i have a nearly same specs as you, except for pros, mine is a i5 - 3570K @ 4.1 and i have a Gainward gtx 650 - 2 gb - cuda - physx, 8 gb of mem, stock cooler, going to upgrade that soon.. And a corsair tx 650w psu. So i max my settings and i get nice fps like 40 or so no matter what. So you should try the settings above..

@StigAndre7, how did it go? Did it work for you?

Sorry for late answer - hard weekend:p

- Yes, no performance loss at least.. I even turned my cpu back to 3.4ghz - was getting too hot in my attic :)

I have some stutters though - seems like the external frame limiter isn't working. And my worst problem are the same scenery blurry bug after travelling from a certain distance.

FYI, I did use Bojotes tuneup before all this- @ http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

And according to many others, they say this and that should be disabled - not that I understand why exactly. But I would like to think I can at least manage the game with the settings you recommended:) at least it seems so.

If only ENB could work with rex,gex and utx...

If only all planes had rain and icing effects...

If only all airports had 3d lights and proper apron...

And if only ideal flight could have selective jobs like airliner pilot etc...

Just some side thoughts, hoping you have something on that as well :)

edit: looking at xplane now making me think that should rather invest in that game. But as I recall, I did not like it much when I tried it several years ago. And I always like fsx...

Guest Geir Haukland

Nope, but i use Opus software, and the best around for all type of weather conditions, try it, it works with rex, gex and utx just fine. And dont use external fps limiter program, better use the internal and set it to 40, it is more then enough. Works for me and it should work for you as well. Well, i think that coers all your side thoughts above i think.. Just try opus software, and disable rex, just try it, you wont go back to rex..

Regards

G.H.

ah Opus. Indeed. Have heard of that. Should I just disable rex weather engine or rex itself.?

Nope, but i use Opus software, and the best around for all type of weather conditions, try it, it works with rex, gex and utx just fine. And dont use external fps limiter program, better use the internal and set it to 40, it is more then enough. Works for me and it should work for you as well. Well, i think that coers all your side thoughts above i think.. Just try opus software, and disable rex, just try it, you wont go back to rex..

Regards

G.H.

Guest Geir Haukland

I think there is a demoversion on their site to try, just disable the rex when trying opus, if you dont like it, just un install opus and go back to rex. As simple as that.. But i talked to many ppl and they say they are pleased with rex, and some say that they are pleased with opus, as am i. But back to your computer, turn your cpu up to 3.5 or 3.6 and then the turbo will show 3.8 or 3.9 when active. That should be enough. I use a stock cpu at 4.1 with a stock cooler, and works fine as long as i dont go higher. Set your internal fps to 40, or lower t.ex. 30, but try to gain the best options that works for you, as 40 works fine for me, hope you get it working fine..

I think there is a demoversion on their site to try, just disable the rex when trying opus, if you dont like it, just un install opus and go back to rex. As simple as that.. But i talked to many ppl and they say they are pleased with rex, and some say that they are pleased with opus, as am i. But back to your computer, turn your cpu up to 3.5 or 3.6 and then the turbo will show 3.8 or 3.9 when active. That should be enough. I use a stock cpu at 4.1 with a stock cooler, and works fine as long as i dont go higher. Set your internal fps to 40, or lower t.ex. 30, but try to gain the best options that works for you, as 40 works fine for me, hope you get it working fine..

Roger that. I'll try disabling rex weather engine and try it out now:)

edit: tried out shade for fsx..was nice but killed some frames for me.. aiming for 30fps. At enzv that seems impossible atm. And the opus demo wouldn't work . Couldn't find opus folder, it said in an error pop up.

How do i know it works..i do feel i have more 3d depth in the clouds but idk if it's actually enabled. Installed the demo ( wouldn't work unless it was installed directly into c:\)

I'll stay with rex atm.

Guest Geir Haukland

start fsserver.exe, and the rest goes as it starts. When enabled fsserver.exe file, it comes with a setup window, you know how to take it from there. Also you need a demo of fsuipcv4 installed and simconnect. It works like a charm..

oh ok. thats what simconnect was for. I know Cargo Pilot uses that as well. Why does opus have to use tracking, isn't it just a weather engine? Guess i have to read more on that product:)

The only thing thats on my mind atm is "flying with a purpose" - i have ideal flight demo(witch is GREAT considering it gives u all info u need on a flight etc), but i want cargo pilot - it seemed to me like ports of call - many jobs to do and money to be made. Manage the company and build it up :) airliner pilot and airhauler seemed a bit too advanced or not to my liking at least - cargo pilot and ideal flight is the best one's i've tried - and i must say, the game is reborn. Even fsx shade did a lot if you ask me :)

- I should also add that I had to turn up my core speed again, to 4.3ghz. I had under 20 fps at sola airport with different settings. I really don't know what drops the performance(scenery library?) - Now I have steady 30. At least playable. But still some texture flickering at enbr though :\

Guest Geir Haukland

You can follow this link to tweek more out of your gfx card: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Its the best i can do, i had also flickering in the graphics, after i used this, it was gone. Try, it might help...

And for the Opus software, more info here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forums.html scroll down to bottom, start reading.

drøømt meg heilt vekk med ideal flight og airhauler

Tested this and that. I may need to OC it a bit, idk..So many things swirling in the "topplokk" atm.

- I have applied bojotes cfg tune up file. Less stutters, but Bergen is still flickerings when viewed from above...and now my rex weather engine doesn't work anymore - AND I have been blocked from their support forum for some strange reason..

- Seems like all I can get out of my gfx card with wanted slider settings is 30fps. I have to have boat traffic off and road traffic at 10% or else it will lag...might be all the add ons i use interferring, idk. (rex,utx,gsx demo,IF combined with AH,fsx shade and beechcraft duke.)

fsx real weather - high coverage @ 60kmi with medium change rate.

global texture max

level of dist. max

texture res. max

special effects medium

autogen dense

autogen2 dense

mesh complexity. max

mesh res. 80

Can't recall the rest atm. I''ll revisit this post first thing in the morning:)

Thanks for all help so far Geir, sure appreciate it!

Guest Geir Haukland

I did also purchase cloud9 Bergen for fsx, and i have no flickering or what so ever at that airport. It has to be something else. Did you try nvidiainspector? There is a good guide in this forum in howto use and tweek with it. Search and follow the guide from A to Z and see if that helps. Coz i have a steady fps at 24 - 30 and smooth flying, and one more thing, i use also this in my fsx settings, it might help you as well:

Scroll down to you find this:

Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.33 --> change to --> Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.15

This will give you a smooth fps and no stuttering, and i hope most of your flickering will be gone too.. :-)

scroll down to [GRAPHICS]:

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 ---> you might have this: TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 / 512

Change it to the one in red.

scroll down to [TERRAIN]

LOAD_RADIUS=4.500000 change this to -> LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=22
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=7

But the best is to read all you can about the NVidiaInspector you find in this forum, that helped me.

Regards

G.H.

Archived