Private messaging disabled on the forums

• Aerosoft

We just disabled private messages on this forum as more and more people were using them for support. As we can NOT guarantee any support send to a single person (holidays etc) and have a good system to follow up on messages on the forums this seemed to be the best way to handle it.

As before, all support issues regarding Sales and Registration can be send to info@Aerosoft-shop.com, all support on the product and the use of the product should be send to the forums. That way we can handle it as fast as possible. If you like to contact a member of the forum privately you can still use the email option with each message.

• Aerosoft
:cry:

That's too bad because the PM system is a nice little feature for just throwing a quick message to a friend. I'm sad to see it go.

Same here, but although it is pretty clear we prefer support over the forum a lot of people keep sending me us private messages for support. A lot to me and I just have no idea how to help them (I manage the department and only know a few products well enough to support). we also had angry customers who send a PM about support to a person on vacation.

• Aerosoft
It says that I have one new message...

If you can e-mail me that message, I would appreciate it...

I really tried to find it in the database, but without luck. If you contact me I'll activate PM on the forum for a while so you can pick it up.

I really tried to find it in the database, but without luck. If you contact me I'll activate PM on the forum for a while so you can pick it up.

Not to worry! I got the information I needed! Thanks!

• Aerosoft

While I see the reason, gotta say I'm with Dag on this :(

What would you see me rather do, asnwer people that I can't support them by private message 12 times a day or spend the time creating new products or having some fun flying?

What would you see me rather do, asnwer people that I can't support them by private message 12 times a day or spend the time creating new products or having some fun flying?

Like I said Mathijs, I uderstand why. Just think it is a shame to lose the facility. not having a dig at you or the action you have taken. :)

Indeed, we even tried an update to a newer version. But no deal.

Like I said, we'll survive. :D

Somehow we'll find a way to get through this.

Though a sale/ discount on something could help ease the pain.

Like oh...I don't know...freightdogs? :wink:

Hi Mathijs,

With a bit of easy HTML editing of the forum files, you would be able to add a line in the private messaging page reading "WARNING: Do not send support questions through PMs" or something, as opposed to getting rid of it.

I know this probably wont sway your decision, but hey, its an idea! :)

Daryl

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

With a bit of easy HTML editing of the forum files, you would be able to add a line in the private messaging page reading "WARNING: Do not send support questions through PMs" or something, as opposed to getting rid of it.

I know this probably wont sway your decision, but hey, its an idea! :)

Daryl

There has been stuff like that off an on, some worked a bit, some did not at all. Many people just don't read anything and even if they do they start there private message by apologizing for doing it anyway (and then get angry for me not being able to do what Shaun can do, really support people). We really feel strong about support, but we got to do it the way we can handle it.

If people want to send private message it is just a question of clicking the button and not the [pm] button, the result is that a message will send of that can only be read by that person. In a pm or a email. I know I much rather get an email then a pm as an email I can forward etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't visit this forum daily, and today when I went through the new posts, I saw one that reminded me about a e-mail I had to write. And I went to check my PM's as I had some info there that I would like to use and found out this function had been disabled.

I was wondering, if there was a remote posibility of geting access to my private messages, as I had some info and evidences there I would like to add to a customer support e-mail I want to send.

Best regards,