AUTORUDDER - After Start CL

Bob4th

I'm running the A320 (v1.03) in FSX. During the After Start Checklist, when the checklist asks to check flight controls, I'm able to move the yoke full aileron left - null - full aileron right - full up - full down. However, since I don't have rudder pedals (I use a CH Flight Sim Yoke), I'm at a loss as to how to move the rudder so that the checklist will acknowledge the movement. I have Autorudder set to ON in FSX Realism Settings and also in the MCDU. Can this be bypassed manually or is there something else that I need to do that I'm not doing?

Thanks for any advice.

Bob Jones

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Bob,

we are already aware of this problem and are working on a solution: If "AUTORUDDER" in the right MCDU is set to ON, then this check in the AFTER START CL will be omitted. So with the next hotfix for the Checklist and Copilot functionality (release date currently unknow) this problem should be solved.

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

http://forum.aerosof...me/#entry445231

here is the same problem so I am not alone

Hi,

you have a different problem because your joystick has a "rudder functionality" whereas the hotfix I am talking about will solve problems of users with joysticks without such a functionality.

I looked into your problem i. e. read the mails exchanged between you and the support team. First I use the same joystick and I do have no problems at all with the AXE rudder functionality. The future hotfix will only fix your problem indirectly i. e. will omit the check but does not solve the problem that your rudder is not accepted by the AXE. So for me there are only three reasons possible:

• Installation: Uninstall the AXE using the software. Then please again make a complete new installation of the AXE including all hotfixes. Because maybe some files are missing.....
  • Joystick: Unplug and replug the joystick. Then re-calibrate it....
  • Other programs / FSX add-ons: I saw from your screenshot that you are running in parallel to the FSX other programs or add-ons. Please close all this programs.

Then try again ......

Hanse

Archived