Hi

I have recently had some fsx crashes and the popup window saying "a fatal error ocurred".

This is depending on several things I believe.

Question: When this problem occurs, is it creating any temporary files in the computer that ought to be removed? I have heard that this may be the case.

I would be grateful for answer.

Henrik, Sweden

I think its a process of elimination, what was the last thing you installed? have you altered something? was it crashing before the last thing you installed? what stage of the sim are you in when it crashes? Do you re-boot inbetween installations?

Ive had a clean FSX installed for 5 months with no ctd, and like ipetroSS said, delete the cfg and let it rebuild.

Hi again.

How do I delete the cfg etc. It's beyond my knowledge. Last thing I installed was the FSDT GSX but I dont think it is causes any big problems. I'm very often of always at the descent/approach phase of the flight when it crashes. Last crash was a flight between Zurich and Stockholm with QW RJ 85, a flight of about three hours with heavy weather at the approach and the crash occured 16 nm miles from ESSA. Today I did a 2 hr flight between Hannover and Stockholm, heavy weather at the descent/approach but everything went well.

I'm not always reboot inbetween installations.

I'm running a intel 2700K @ 3.9 Ghz and a XFX GTS 240 graphic card, 8 gb Ram and windows 7 64 bit. Corsair 500 w psu.

Good evening.

I get that error often too, sometimes when shutting down FSX after a flight or sometimes if I'm in the Airbus & have FO go through the checklist while I'm working on loading the FMS with the load plan, I was getting it.. Then sometimes I don't get it at all..

Hi again.

How do I delete the cfg etc. It's beyond my knowledge. Last thing I installed was the FSDT GSX but I dont think it is causes any big problems. I'm very often of always at the descent/approach phase of the flight when it crashes. Last crash was a flight between Zurich and Stockholm with QW RJ 85, a flight of about three hours with heavy weather at the approach and the crash occured 16 nm miles from ESSA. Today I did a 2 hr flight between Hannover and Stockholm, heavy weather at the descent/approach but everything went well.

I'm not always reboot inbetween installations.

I'm running a intel 2700K @ 3.9 Ghz and a XFX GTS 240 graphic card, 8 gb Ram and windows 7 64 bit. Corsair 500 w psu.

Good evening.

You can find it in the folloowing location C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Its a hidden folder so if you cant see it you need to unhide it, please see Windows Help and Support on how to do this.

Ok, I have now deleted the cfg. It went good. Though it occured à problem with the QW RJ. Screens and gauges went black during a climb. Should I reinstall it? Anyone else who had problems after deleting the cfg??

H

Archived