MCE Voice Control for Airbus X Extended released!

FS++

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a nice add-on, and I think it will be the only voice control program for the Airbus X, nothing else seems to be on the radar.

I hear they will release support modules for more aircraft soon!

Attention all MCE users.

The package has been updated yesterday.

Flight control check as well as brakes check are now as per Airbus manual.

I mean, you the pilot flying say "checking flight controls", start moving the stick up and down, left and right, and the FO will monitor elevator, aileron and rudder movement for the next 60 seconds, making the relevant calls in the process.

Equally, say "checking brakes" while actually testing the breaks and FO will make sure the pressure remains at zero.

Ok, so if we want the F/O to perform the check we ask "Flight Controls Check" and he will perform and we monitor.

If we want to is the check, we say "Checking Flight Controls" and WE perform the check (we move the controls) and the First Officer will monitor and double check. Am I correct or have I misunderstood? If I am correct, that would be a fantastic function to add!!

Ok, so if we want the F/O to perform the check we ask "Flight Controls Check" and he will perform and we monitor.

If we want to is the check, we say "Checking Flight Controls" and WE perform the check (we move the controls) and the First Officer will monitor and double check. Am I correct or have I misunderstood? If I am correct, that would be a fantastic function to add!!

Nope.

AXE uses Airbus specific procedure only. Pilot flying moves the stick and FO monitors flight controls. To avoid FO having to monitor rudder, elevator and aileron for a long time, the complete test has to be performed within a 60 seconds time frame..

Other aircraft use Boeing style flight controls check. I mean FO does it

• 2 months later...

Thanks, it works a treat...also noticed that MCE works really well with the Aerosoft Catalina!!! Talk about a treat, one program that gives voice first officer for many of your add-ons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A question, should MCE voice control also work with the upcoming A319/A318? Or will we have to purchase different packages for every aircraft?

• 2 weeks later...

A question, should MCE voice control also work with the upcoming A319/A318? Or will we have to purchase different packages for every aircraft?

That will pretty much depend on what Aerosoft does with the new aircraft.

From their perspective it's a new aircraft because it requires building a new 3D model and having to deal with different performance data. From a multi crew operation perspective, as long as they use the same buttons for the systems (and there is no reason why they shouldn't), there is a good chance we don't have to do anything.

In fact, currently MCE interfaces the A320/A321 as well as the older Airbus X version.

In any case, should they change things dramatically, we would need to build a specific module to address the differences.

• Aerosoft

That will pretty much depend on what Aerosoft does with the new aircraft.

From their perspective it's a new aircraft because it requires building a new 3D model and having to deal with different performance data. From a multi crew operation perspective, as long as they use the same buttons for the systems (and there is no reason why they shouldn't), there is a good chance we don't have to do anything.

In fact, currently MCE interfaces the A320/A321 as well as the older Airbus X version.

In any case, should they change things dramatically, we would need to build a specific module to address the differences.

And we would do our utmost to assist with that.

Archived