How to get AirbusX repaints working in the Extended (and vice versa)

John Glanville

Just an idea for people requesting repaints . Use the links provided here for :

AirbusX repaints : http://forum.aerosof...bus-x-liveries/

AirbusX Extended repaints : http://forum.aerosof...ended-liveries/

Having arrived on the relevant page use the search function ( in the top right of the screen ) by typing either the Airline or name of the painter and press < ENTER > .

If the repaint has only been made for the AirbusX version , it will still work in the Extended and only involves copying the " texture.cfg " from a livery that was supplied by Aerosoft in the original download . Without including the VC textures ( in the NEW version ) the registration / SELCAL code will be blank as the fallback textures will be used .

To show the correct registration / SELCAL code , either make one yourself ( VC textures are included in the pain(t)kit as well as a font ) , or try contacting the painter through a Personal Message here at the Aerosoft forum .

All repaints that I made for the original AirbusX have now been updated for the Extended and can be found on AVSIM , they also include the VC textures and texture.cfg for the AirbusX .

Hopefully a moderator can have this post " pinned " so that it will not disappear in the forum , or make one themselves .

John Glanville

• 7 months later...

if I copy the texture cfg were do I past it? will my cockpit still be dark

Having arrived on the relevant page use the search function ( in the top right of the screen ) by typing either the Airline or name of the painter and press < ENTER > .
If the repaint has only been made for the AirbusX version , it will still work in the Extended and only involves copying the " texture.cfg " from a livery that was supplied by Aerosoft in the original download . Without including the VC textures ( in the NEW version ) the registration / SELCAL code will be blank as the fallback textures will be used .
To show the correct registration / SELCAL code , either make one yourself ( VC textures are included in the pain(t)kit as well as a font ) , or try contacting the painter through a Personal Message here at the Aerosoft forum .

All repaints that I made for the original AirbusX have now been updated for the Extended and can be found on AVSIM , they also include the VC textures and texture.cfg for the AirbusX .
Hopefully a moderator can have this post " pinned " so that it will not disappear in the forum , or make one themselves .

John Glanville

Still do not know what repaint you are talking about , so how on earth can anyone help ?

When you want to copy a texture.cfg , you obviously copy one from another aircraft of the same type and paste this into the aircraft with no VC textures . The best idea is to copy from one of the textures supplied by Aerosoft with the original Download / CD but is not that important .

If , for example your new repaint is for a A320 with CFM engines , you copy a texture.cfg from another A320 CFM . If it is a A321 with IAE engines then copy from another A321 IAE , you can guess any other combinations .

John

Maybe a mod can change the title to : How to get AirbusX repaints working in the Extended ( and vive versa ) .

• 3 weeks later...

John Glanville

A few clarifications here would be nice:

I am asking questions based on any of Holgi's liveries, by comparing the files he has in his "Clean Version" directory and those in his "Update AirbusX Extended" directory.

OK for the texture.cfg. I understand what it does, and the differences. Also OK for the two "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_?.dds". They contain the registration.

My question is for the file "AIRBUS_EX320_STABIS_L.dds".

I see Holgi supplying a new file always for the extended (with double the size of the original). What is the difference between them, and what visual differences will be if we use the original (not Extended) file of the livery?

• Deputy Sheriffs

A few clarifications here would be nice:

I am asking questions based on any of Holgi's liveries, by comparing the files he has in his "Clean Version" directory and those in his "Update AirbusX Extended" directory.

OK for the texture.cfg. I understand what it does, and the differences. Also OK for the two "AIRBUSX_V2_VC_MAINPANEL_?.dds". They contain the registration.

My question is for the file "AIRBUS_EX320_STABIS_L.dds".

I see Holgi supplying a new file always for the extended (with double the size of the original). What is the difference between them, and what visual differences will be if we use the original (not Extended) file of the livery?

This file has an other format ... for the EXTENDED Version I use the DDS DXT3 format, for the AIRBUS X I use DDS DXT1!

The " AIRBUS_EX320_STABIS_L.dds " textures are just the night textures for the tailfin ( and pilots shirts ) , so any difference besides the size of the textures themselves are irrelevant . I am sure that when myself and others painted the AirbusX for the original release in 2010 , we just saved them at DXT3 or DXT5 which when looking on my system are exactly the same size ( 1MB ) , saving as DXT1 reduces this by half so you " save " 512mb .

You could change the format yourself by using DXTBmp by Mark Wright which can be found on the net and is completely free but you do need the latest version to work with DDS textures .

Simply open the texture with DXTBmp , the top left corner tells you what the format the textures are , move your cursor to File , click on it , choose Save as ... and then choose DDS Texture then you can choose whichever format you want .

One of my last repaints I saved all textures as DXT32 bit textures but the increase in size ( DXT5 ) 15,3MB and ( DXT32bit ) 51,2MB does not improve or worsen the framerates in the sim but would affect the size of the download . People having to pay for their downloads wouldn't be happy with that though .

John Glanville

Archived