TLA vs idle

---

I know that the idle N1 is going to stay at 25% but are you planning to correct the N1 display ? On the left screenshot you can see that the idle N1 is at the lower edge of the gauge.

During start up/shut down, the pointer isn't moving at all. Furthermore the ThrustLeverAngle indication should be in line with the idle N1.

post-3620-0-09790800-1358256666_thumb.pn

We will check this one out. From what I understand there is still a difference between the 0 TLA and idle N1 but not as much as ours (in terms of the distance, not N1 Value).

An idle/TLA 0 difference wouldn't make sense if the eng is at minimum idle. It should only occur if e.g. slats are extended and hence FADEC increases idle RPM to approach idle.

If you would disconnect A/THR in that case you would need to advance the thrustlevers to match the 'new', higher idle N1

An idle/TLA 0 difference wouldn't make sense if the eng is at minimum idle. It should only occur if e.g. slats are extended and hence FADEC increases idle RPM to approach idle.

If you would disconnect A/THR in that case you would need to advance the thrustlevers to match the 'new', higher idle N1

I know it doesnt make sense, but sometime its just how it is. ;) That info is not from my mouth, its from a Real World A320 Pilots mouth.

Whatever, if you want to trust a single source. There are countless videos/photos available on the net which prove that this is simply not the case IRL.

Whatever, if you want to trust a single source. There are countless videos/photos available on the net which prove that this is simply not the case IRL.

Easy now. Joshua said he is looking into it.

Please provide a link to those photos or videos you found.

The picture below is an A330 at idle thrust before take off. Unless one of your links proves differently i say the 320 is the same.

You can see that the blue thrurstlever angle bugs are below the N1 needles.

As Joshua said, the difference in the Airbus X Extended could be smaller. It is not zero.

post-31510-0-85320000-1358351609_thumb.j

Posted e.g. a link in another thread about the N1 problem and how it looks IRL on the A320

Just to check how it actually looks like IRL did an observer flight today with an A319 and as mentioned before, the idle N1 is the main problem as it should be around 19.5%.

Besides that it seem (also in case of your A330 example) that the lower end of the gauge simply ends at 20%. Below that there's no pointer movement.

If the idle RPM is 20% or below, the pointer and idle TLA are at the identical minimum position.

We switched on engine anti-ice and in that case e.g. the idle RPM increases by about 4% to around 24% which did cause a similar picture to the one you posted above.

Did that pilot have his thrustlevers in idle? :)

20 percent N1 is exceptionally low (APU still running?), and in that case the N1 needles will be closer to the TLA bugs.

I don't think idle N1 will go that low on the AXE.

1.Did that pilot have his thrustlevers in idle?

2.20 percent N1 is exceptionally low

3.I don't think idle N1 will go that low on the AXE.

1. ?

2. as low as 18.5% observed IRL

3. Aerosoft is not going to fix the idle N1 but IRL the pointers start to move at 20% N1 while they start to move at approx 5% on the AXE.

BTW, that's the thread containing the start up video link http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/62431-default-fbw-and-a-few-other-items/

Archived