3 people in the cockpit

Edspace

Why is it that there are 3 people in the cockpit flying the plane? There's me obviously and the woman who reads out the checklist and a co pilot who says set and on and enabled etc. Why doesn't the co-pilot just say both things.

I suppose once someone makes regional checklists voices they can do both lists with the same voice and that would seem more relistic.

Just a thought

I really didn't realize that part either, it's quite confusing like many other things :boohoo_s:

I'd guess the woman is the F.O and man is the captain (you)?

EDIT: Chumley was faster :P

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Adrijan,

you translated the manual and so you should know that there is a PF (Pilot Flying) and a PnF (Pilot non Flying). The PF is a male voice (and in our case the captain - sitting left) whereas the PnF is a female voice (and in our case the copilot = sitting right). This is the normal "configuration" in the cockpit and this we also implemented into the graphic model.

The user is the PF and all the actions done automatically are handled by the PnF. In the tables those which you as the PF have to do yourself are marked in red....... The only critic I accept is that those actions are in the column for the PnF...... but the space is limited and I could not add another column. But it is explained before chapter 5.2 starts......

You are the only one until now getting confused by this...... and please if you make statements p. e. "confusing like other things" specify those and post them into the right section of this SUPPORT forum.....

Hanse

Hanse,

Knowing the Step by step manual very well, as you said, I noticed that some items in the real checklist very slightly differs from the step by step manual, which brings some more confusion, f.ex., there is no mention of accu press (brakes) in Step by Step manual while it occurs in the checklists, then ELEC HYD PUMP (yellow) doesn't get mentioned in the checklists at all while it is written in the Step by step manual (and should be turned on according to the manual), after takeoff checklist, where PF says "Gear is up, Lights off" PnF then says "lights off" and if I am right should turn off some external lights but he never does.

Now, the question is, who should do those items, PF (player) or PnF?

Adrijan

P.S. don't get me wrong tho, I love Airbus X Extended, it's truly an amazing piece of software! Well done Aerosoft! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Adrijan,

if there are real mistakes (even slight one) in the tutorial then please inform Rolf. I know he is currently preparing an updated manual (to include all changes made since release 1.0) and will appreciate your advice and hints.

Regarding "Lights off": This just refers to the 3 gear lights.....The Taxi as well as Runwaylights are switched of passing 10.000 feet.....

Hanse

Archived