Checklists greyed out!

Robbo3

Any suggestions? I have uninstalled and re-installed v1.03b. Started 'Cold & Dark' and any checklist function in the MCDU is greyed out. However, if I start 'Taxi State', the checklists are not greyed out! Appreciate any help out there.......Rob

Parking brakes are NOT set, as I said, the only change from a cold & dark state is the EXT PWR & BAT 1 & 2 switched on. I have tried a flight in this state and I get no co-pilot assistance or checklists until the descent checklist which seems to go ahead. Rob

No, I have not touched the parking brakes. I have just finished a flight and again, no checklists until descent, they were greyed out, but having landed, shut the engines off, waited for the 4mins and so many seconds and the checklist are all active. So yet again, used the cold and dark state via the MCDU and all the checklists are greyed out and unavailable. Left the parking brake alone. Rob

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

OK let us start from the beginning. Please do the following:

• Set the AXE in the right MCDU to "DARK&COLD"
  • Set in the OH: Both batteries to ON as well as External Power and NAV Lights
  • Light up all 4 screens PFD ND Upper and Lower ECAM
  • Set the Checklist functionality on the right MCDU to ON

Then the various checklists should become available and the COCKPIT PREPARATION blinks in "orange"....... This is the normal procedure and it works perfectly - maybe except on your system......

If it is not the case then maybe something is wrong with your file for the "DARK&COLD" situation.... By the way the "parking break" should have no influence in this case ......

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Rob,

just download and install all hotfixes currently available - on top of release 1.03b - . This should in any case solve the problem with the pushback gauge for sure. If there are still problems with a "greyed out" checklist then I ask you to send me a screen shot of the VC after you did what I suggested with yesterdays email. Maybe then I can see more ....... currently I have no more idea ......

Hanse

Hanse Thank you for your help. I have installed all 3 Hot Fixes, and re-booted my computer but it makes no difference. I have yet to find the pushback feature, it certainly is not on the right MCDU, I am continuing to troll through the forum messages in the hope I can find it, but the checklists remain greyed out unless I use on of the other aircraft states. I have attached two images of the MCDU. Rob

post-76222-0-63232900-1358342663_thumb.j

post-76222-0-56851300-1358342668_thumb.j

Update:

I am still having the greyed out checklist issue on my end.

I did load a taxi state and the checklist option was there but when I loaded c/d mode it greyed out again.

*note* I do have hotfix 3 installed

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Robbo3,

maybe something is wrong with your ACFT STATE files. Those files you will find in

C:\User\Your Name\Own Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended

and they are named Custom1-4.abx. You will find those files in the attached ZIP-archive. Please unzip those files to the directory mentioned above and try again if the Checklist is still greyed out after loading DARK%COLD. .

Hanse

ACFT STATES.zip

Hanse

SUCCESS. by installing the files you have made available has solved the problem, checklist now available and for the 1st time, pushback also available.

Appreciate your help

Rob

Archived