"Landing Memo" Problem

Mo210

I reproduced the multiple "landing memo" callout under following condition:

EDDM LSZH

Flightplan: EDDM Departure: 08R SID-KPT1G direct to AMIKI Transition - Landing Runway Zurich- 34

FL200

Cost Index 40

Flaps 1/0.8

Block 10.6 - Maybe a little bit to much...

Transition 5000

DH 500

After intercept runway 34 on 5000ft I pressed the LOC and APP button - localicer and glide slope capture occurs. The aircraft is stable and perfectly on ILS final approach (Auto-Landing). ECAM is Green - no Blue! -> Landing checklist occurs than the "Landing Memo" callout occurs 4 ever.

Edit: v1.03b installed

Edit2: The Copilot is turned off!

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

this problem might occur if the MCDU is not completely set up..... Did you really set up a complete flightplan in the MCDU i. e. including Arrival Airport and Arrival Runway?

Hanse

yes hanse, i set up a complete Flighplan with all things (e.g. step-by-step tutorial) and FuelPlaner - I had this issue before and I never was able to reproduce it. So try this route from Munich to Zurich and maybe you'll get the same.

cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

you are writing that you never was able to reproduce the problem again.....: Do you mean it is solved or does it still occur but only on the flight you mentioned? If this is the case then I need some more information to reproduce the flight:

• Which SID you really used for EDDM 08R as KPT1G I cannot find in the actual NavDataPro DB (KPT1P or KPT2E).
  • What route you used between the final waypoint of the SID and the first waypoint of the STAR resp. which STAR / TRANS you used for LSZH Rwy 34. Or did I understand you right that you set up the route just from the last waypoint of the SID to the beginning of the TRANS = AMIKI?

Please report back.....

Hanse

Hanse,

on some earlier topic I mentioned this problem but it was solved for me because I couldnt reproduce it again so maybe it was a coincident. But on this flight (EDDM LSZH) I get this "landing memo" stuck everytime.

1. Question

- sorry it was KPT1P

2. Question:

Yes last SID waipoint and first waypoint of transition AMIKI. But It doesnt make a difference when you put a waypoint or airway between.

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I also tried the flight you mentioned and I could reproduce it but in a little bit different way: The call "Landing Memo" came only twice and then the "Landing Memo" appeared. We already looked into it and it has something to do with the elevation of LSZH Rwy34 and the flight status. It may take some time to clearly identify and to solve the problem. Please be patient.....

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

same problem after landing on Rwy 33 at EDDH.

Hi Holger,

what do you mean? You are writing "After Landing"..... But this problem we are talking about here is "during" landing i. e. the "Landing Memo" does not appear ...... This problem is related to the altitude of the runway and especially appears at runways with a higher altitude and an approach path with "mountains" in between like LSZH Rwy 34....... I cannot believe that you have the same issue in Hamburg ..... (no mountains and "normal" runway altutude.....)

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I think we found the problem with the "Landing Memo". It especially occured on higher elevated runways as the checklist procedure was not aligned with the landing memo feature. The “LANDING” checklist now is “interrupted” until the “Landing Memo” becomes available in the Upper ECAM. Then the Copilot continues with flaps 2, gear down etc.

This change will be implemented with the next hotfix / release (date not yet known). So for the time being I close this topic as solved.

Hanse

Archived