Wierd VC Issue

iFlySimX

HI All,

I am wondering if I should reinstall FSX to see if that problem gets fixed. Once I reinstall FSX I will ONLY install the AXE and test......Is that worth doing? Might it resolve the issue? I tested a bunch of payware aircrafts today and I was not able to replicate this issue except with the AXE....

Could this maybe have something to do with my nvidia inspector setting?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI All,

I am wondering if I should reinstall FSX to see if that problem gets fixed. Once I reinstall FSX I will ONLY install the AXE and test......Is that worth doing? Might it resolve the issue? I tested a bunch of payware aircrafts today and I was not able to replicate this issue except with the AXE....

Could this maybe have something to do with my nvidia inspector setting?

Hi,

I would start here with what Matt said as the last reply, then if that works what I said about the reinstall: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/65004-lgkr-texture-issue/?p=473289

Hi Everyone! I have completed a full FSX Reinstall today. I only installed FSX + Acceleration Pack and the AXE was PERFECT without any problem. I will start adding one airport at a time and see what happens. What would you say is the only change I need to make in the fsx.cfg? So far I have done the below:

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4024

HIDEINFOTEXT=1

Will keep you updated as I keep testing. Cheers!

Ok so its doing it again......Soooooo frustrating....Here is what I have installed so far. I have also deleted the fsx.cfg to see if the 3 changes affected it and its still happening,

ActiveSky2012

FSRealTime

AES

REX Essential Plus Overdrive

Could one of these be causing the problem?

UPDATE: After some more investigating it seems like this does NOT happen as much when having TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024. When set at 1024 I will go and go from Window to Fulscreen maybe 5-6 time and then the error will start accruing. If I set TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4024 the error happens as soon as I switch to Fullscreen.

My suggestion, don't do TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096, go back to 1024 and get that cloud coverage back down to 8. Those right there can be your two problems, and can be causing OOM symptoms.

Really the only tweak you should start with is HIGHMEMFIX=1, make sure you have that.

Start slowly, and back track. You said everything was perfect when you reinstalled, so back track and one at a time undo what you did. Find the cause.

Won't I lose a lot of quality with TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024?

Test it and see. If that is the cause or one of the causes it comes down to if you want it to work, or if you want it to look slightly prettier. ;)

I just still don't get why this ONLY happens with the AXE.....Do you think the SP1 might fix it?

I don't get it either, but it has to be something with how you're running your FS. Only two other users in the past month have reported this issue, and only one of them we've heard from in the past two weeks. You have to take the advice many have given you here, and test and work it out.

As for SP1, I don't see any reason that it might solve this for you, for reasons said above. Maybe it will, can't say though because you still haven't found the cause. Try what we've suggested these past 4 pages and on other threads, it is really all I can tell you.

The line TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= should read 1024 / 2048 or 4096 ( ie double the original ) . Not that this is the problem itself .

Another thing to note is that every time the fsx.cfg is altered ( through installing software for example ) that line reverts to 1024 size textures . A programme called texture max load editer can be found at the usual flightsim sites which allows you to set the texture size each time you start FS X .

John

OK, Here is what I found... When the views/scenery start getting real bad, I hit the reset within the FSX menus and it took care of the problem.. Everything looked good again. This has worked for others hope it works for you. ken

Exactly what i got, try to change views a few times or window the FSX with alt return it will getting worse and worse.
Try to add this to your fsx.cfg and install the Airbus file as admin, and unzip the file before install, not direct from the zip program.
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/62890-grafikfehler/#entry446781

OK, Here is what I found... When the views/scenery start getting real bad, I hit the reset within the FSX menus and it took care of the problem.. Everything looked good again. This has worked for others hope it works for you. ken

Is says "Try to add this to your fsx.cfg" try to add what? Thanks for your help :)

Thank god for Google Translator :) I translated the German thread and I have added the tweaks below and it now seems to be working....I also uploaded the Texture Max Load Editor you recommend on my forum as its pretty rare. I LOVE IT!! I will let you guys know over the next few days if this really works.

[Graphics]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

http://www.iflysimx.com/index.php?/files/file/6-texture-max-load-editor/

You had that line in your fsx.cfg when the problem occured the first time. Look at your post 14 on first page.

I have that problem too and, switching from desktop to FSX a couple of times usually solves my problem.

You had that line in your fsx.cfg when the problem occured the first time. Look at your post 14 on first page.

I have that problem too and, switching from desktop to FSX a couple of times usually solves my problem.

You are right.....I have also installed DriectX 9C not sure if that did something. I also reinstalled AXE as an Administrator......

Archived