Wierd VC Issue

iFlySimX

Oh for sure running out of memory (main or graphics) could cause it. There are a lot of tweaks going around for FSX that delay the refreshing of texture memory and when you go from full screen to windowed that can cause problems.

I mean I have a pretty nice machine and I don't have 50 programs running in the background.......Is this something you would be able to fix? Is this is just due to Memory.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had exactly same textures. Exactly same black cube.

It's a texture memory problem. Don't uninstall your bird but try to increase or decrease your differents details in display.

• Aerosoft

I mean I have a pretty nice machine and I don't have 50 programs running in the background.......Is this something you would be able to fix? Is this is just due to Memory.

For sure we can not change anything except simplifying the aircraft considerably. But you for 2 gb of GPU memory so that should be more then enough. It got to be some setting. Did you try to update graphics drivers?

For sure we can not change anything except simplifying the aircraft considerably. But you for 2 gb of GPU memory so that should be more then enough. It got to be some setting. Did you try to update graphics drivers?

Yes I have the latest.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Must say that I also saw this, but not very frequently and multiple time switching between windowed and fullscreen solved it, when waiting a few seconds in between.

Strange thing: I got this for the first time after an upgraded in November from an old Nvidia GTS8800 with 512MB to a GTX660 with 2GB. I've never seen this before.

And yesterday I had it with another addon aircraft (not from Aerosoft).

I used to have this issue too. The VC would go blank and sometimes would completely disappear or flash white and black until it crashed to desktop without any further message. I could solve it by tweaking the fsx.cfg with Bojote's online tool (which adds highmemfix too) and setting the virtual memory to 4gb (of 8gb physical ram).

Autogen, AI Traffic, water effects, bloom all take a heavy toll on the sim. Reduce those.

This is really Wierd because I have some other planes form PMDG, CS and never had a problem like this and i've been running max settings....

Archived