Just a picture

Joshua Che.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RNAV is a kind of approach that uses GPS high precision Navigation to navigate around the terrain instead of the traditional VOR etc. What the current VNAV dont do is to provide complete accurate RNAV guidance to the runway, but it will still guide your descends all the way to the DECEL point.

OK, I think the DECEL-Point is not so far from FAF. It should work much better as at the moment.

Wow, amazing pictures! Thanks a lot, Joshua, can't wait for the release :)

One question, since the whole winds aloft page isn't implemented, how does the aircraft descend (I mean, is it good) when there are strong head/tail winds?

One more thing I would like to say here, is that this feature is dedicated to all the beta testers for this project (yes they too have been pestering me for this feature).

Although this is my first commercial project, I dare say that you will never see such kind of beta testers in other beta tests. The countless hours and dedication at helping me find the problems in the AXE is priceless.

Nice pictures by the way, keen for this feature :).

Just a question, in case if we decent after passing the TOD (late decent), how the decent rate is going to be? In addition, what is the normal decent rate here (by pressing the DES button over the TOD marker) ?

Brilliant ! Thank you so much ! I hope we'll be now able to fly a correct descent path with all the constraints being respected as well as a correct deceleration leg before intercepting the final approach course !

Hi Josh

All looks very good.

One thing strikes me though...

The 'Doughnut' or VDEV dot as Patrick calls it is not actually a dot but a doughnut. AND it's Magenta ;)

Hope to see it corrected upon release.

Thanks

Jesper

EDIT: And the description on the next pictures are saying it is following a constant FLIGHT PATH ANGLE - this is NOT true since the FMA are not saying TRK/FPA :)

It might be a constant RATE of descend ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@Patrick

I stand corrected :) just disregard last post then...

I wasn't aware of this. I haven't had the privilige to fly the newer ones yet....

Jesper

Is DECELERATE displayed on the MCDU aswell??

And is the speed being reduced to Green Dot when passing the TOD if descend is not initiated?

Jesper

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

in the sixth picture of this upper post you can read DECELERATE at the PFD.

Is DECELERATE displayed on the MCDU aswell??

And is the speed being reduced to Green Dot when passing the TOD if descend is not initiated?

Jesper

Yes I see it on the PFD. My question was if it is displayed on the MCDU as well...

Jesper,

I don't think the real Airbus shows DECELERATE on the MCDU too. Only at the PFD as far as I know.

It's not a Boeing ;)

This from FCTM...

If the descent is delayed, a "DECELERATE" message appears in white on the PFD and in amber on the MCDU. Speed should be reduced towards green dot, and when cleared for descent, the pilot will push for DES and push for managed speed. The speed reduction prior to descent will enable the aircraft to recover the computed profile more quickly as it accelerates to the managed descent speed.

Jesper

This from FCTM...

If the descent is delayed, a "DECELERATE" message appears in white on the PFD and in amber on the MCDU. Speed should be reduced towards green dot, and when cleared for descent, the pilot will push for DES and push for managed speed. The speed reduction prior to descent will enable the aircraft to recover the computed profile more quickly as it accelerates to the managed descent speed.

Jesper

No we don't display DECELRATE on the MCDU. Might be added later.

Speed does not reduce automatically to green dot speed. You must reduce it manually, read the statement you posted carefully.

Logically,

1) If speed reduce automatically, there wont be a DECELRATE message since its done automatically.

2) "Speed should be reduced towards green dot, and when cleared for descent, the pilot will push for DES and push for managed speed" That is also another evidence that you must pull for selected speed to green dot speed and then push it later when you start descend.

Archived