Just a picture

Joshua Che.

Let's now stop further polliting Joshua's topic ;)

If you want further discussion on this please open a new topic in order to keep this one clean, ok?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say 'THANK YOU' to Joshua and all people in this project, because the devs are adding more features than planned! Hope to see this good work, SP1 worth it (I hope)!

Will hope change my entire Airbus A32x fleet, and later A330.

I don't really understand when people say its not useable when flying online! I fly all the time online with the AXE and never did the controller complain about not taking the proper route or anything else etc. My AXE can follow SIDS and STARs properly (without the proper vertical guidance off course, that's where you need to watch out yourself). I mean, there are plenty of bugs that I know will be fixed in SP1, but its still fine to fly online. If you notice something that isn't right, step in, you can't expect to sit there while the aircraft does everything for you!

BTW, of cause you'll have to know what you're doing and most important you have to know how to handle an aircraft it automation fails. But this seems to be a very basic piloting skill which most simulator pilots do not have.

Yes just a nice story I was part of on my flight to Innsbruck(LOWI) yesterday. Approach was fully staffed and ~16-17nm prior reaching TULSI I was at FL 160 and should descend to FL100 reaching at TULSI. At this point no automation can help you and I just didn't want to act like the A/C before which was "unable"[pilot's impression] and got a holding.

--> Turned off autopilot, turned off A/THR

--> Fly manually.

--> First dragged speed from 280kt to 215kt(and bit below during descend) with speed brakes, then selected FLAPS 1 to improve drag, then about 12-13nm were left.

--> starting descend without speedbrakes

--> reached TULSI at FL100. Where's the problem? :huh:

--> landed before the A/C mentioned above. B)

:)

Archived