Just a picture

Joshua Che.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get this back on topic, I've followed the development of this thread as progress is made. Thank you so much Joshua for all your hard work on the AXE. I can't wait to see, whenever it is.

Another example of non-ILS Approach.

I inserted a ILS frequency to verify VDEV is providing the correct path down.

The PFD is still WIP, there are two bugs here (the ALT Armed and VDEV is always displayed and hence overlaps the ILS information.) Still WIP, no need to tell me its a bug :)

post-27228-0-23602000-1362539649_thumb.p

Seems real!

Look: 325042_291357367570803_1857768910_o.jpg

Photo was taken by pilot friend.

Only missing the weather radar (real VS AXE) :P

One question, as far I know the weather radar isn't planned right?

And the terrain radar, is too not planned?

V/DEV is supposed to be written in magenta.

Thanks.

To my knowledge (just a customer) neither of the two features you mentioned are planned.

Wx radar would probably trigger new bug reports like "The Wx radar shows a storm cell to the left but that cb is on the right; could you fix it, please?" :mallet_s:

Would like to have the terrain radar, but don' know, it's hard as far I know.

But yes you're right.

Would like to have the terrain radar, but don' know, it's hard as far I know.

But yes you're right.

EGPWS would require a good deal of extra coding; you would have to "trade frames rates for additional immersion".

There's a 3rd-party payware TAWS around, which would be the next best thing for me. You "tweak" it into your panel.cfg, next to the left MCDU in the 2D-panel view of the AXE. Then you can undock, drag and resize it like the "extra" left MCDU Aerosoft has provided. (NO integration into the ND; simply an extra window.)

Haven't tried it yet myself; will be waiting for v1.05 to be dished out before I "tweak" and "mod".

EGPWS would require a good deal of extra coding; you would have to "trade frames rates for additional immersion".

There's a 3rd-party payware TAWS around, which would be the next best thing for me. You "tweak" it into your panel.cfg, next to the left MCDU in the 2D-panel view of the AXE. Then you can undock, drag and resize it like the "extra" left MCDU Aerosoft has provided. (NO integration into the ND; simply an extra window.)

Haven't tried it yet myself; will be waiting for v1.05 to be dished out before I "tweak" and "mod".

Seems nice. Can you put some screenshots, or maybe make an topic, to don't make 'spam' here.

Just an observation regarding the future update information. VDeV is not known as green dot, is most known as "yoyo" and normally is mangenta.

Green dot is the speed for best reason between lift and drag.

Just an observation, don't get it wrong :). keep up the good work. Your bird is already very good.

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk 2

Seems nice. Can you put some screenshots, or maybe make an topic, to don't make 'spam' here.

Your topic right now, not mine ... ;-)

Open a new topic; you may direct me towards it, if you want to.

(Sorry, Joshua, for "polluting" your thread again ...)

Just an observation regarding the future update information. VDeV is not known as green dot, is most known as "yoyo" and normally is mangenta.

Just an observation, don't get it wrong :). keep up the good work. Your bird is already very good.

As far as I remember, it's been mentioned in another thread. So I guess, it'll be in magenta colour in v1.05 already ...

• Deputy Sheriffs

It was already posted. link There Patrick linked a youtube video.

The magenta yoyo is an older software version.

The recent airbus software uses a green dot.

Looking great! One question, will I be able to set a different "managed" descent speed on the descent-phase page. With a CI of 40 it gives me about 300kts which results in a very steep descent, i would prefer to set it manually to about 280. Would this be possible or is it even possible right now (dont think so)?

thanks, chris

edit. one more, i hope you dont forget the bug that you cannot save a manual edited waypoint of a fix that exists more than once, it works fine when there is only one WP by that name in the database - but with more you are transferred to the selection-page and after selecting the created WP is not saved.

Status Update:

Problems are being solved, wrinkles are being straightened out. We are getting there.... :)

Example Arrival into Athens (LGAV)

post-27228-0-38749000-1361291801_thumb.p

Try arrival from the south-east via KEA transition.

It's even more demanding as it has two successive different radial interceptions.

Hey Folks,

great news, that managed climb / descent is in development.

But as it is my birthday today , I have a little wish for you. Please, please, please stop calling it "VNAV". Same goes for "FMC". Its not a Boeing what we are talking about here. :big_boss_s:

Hey Folks,

great news, that managed climb / descent is in development.

But as it is my birthday today , I have a little wish for you. Please, please, please stopp calling it "VNAV". Same goes for "FMC". Its not a Boeing what we are talking about here. :big_boss_s:

You're right.

So call managed mode!

Happy bday.

lol he made a point :P

Haha found it weird that why vnav in airbus,since everyone called that i just follow :P

Fly pmdg 737 before this came out. Kinda new to me tho.

Like the airbus over to the airbus

But i still like the 777 tho :P

He he...

just to make it clear, I don´t want to sound aggressive in any way. =)

Thanks for your congratulations, Brigadier!

edit: --> Gosh, am I stupid? Thanks cgentil of course! :D

Archived