Just a picture

Joshua Che.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone, except you :)

Thats ok ;)

You're right, many people would like to have this bird.

I personaly not, i Love to fly this narrow bodys on short flights. Can't imagine to sit in front a PC screen for hours and hours, waiting to arrive in KORD, coming from EDDF.

Maybe i am missing something? ;)

Thats ok ;)

I personaly not, i Love to fly this narrow bodys on short flights. Can't imagine to sit in front a PC screen for hours and hours, waiting to arrive in KORD, coming from EDDF.

Many of us that fly for VAs have those type of routes that they want to fly and get credit for.

Thats ok ;)

:)

I don't like limitation.. I want to fly for example, today from Koln to Shangai, tomorrow from Munich to San Francisco.. A320 and 321 are really impressive aircrafts but so is 330 and you can fly more than miles with it :)

Thats ok ;)

Some people don't care about real world route and just like to fly the aircraft, so why not use an a330 for a short flight?

Yes i know, i'm an heretic :)

There are plenty shor A330 rotations available around the world, even nonfictional :)

Tai Pei to Hong Kong, for example (Kai Tak! :) ), Abu Dhabi to Tehran, Dubai to Kuwait, Germany to Canaries...

And in the United States too, Delta will fly their A330s domestically within the US. I don't know the schedules off hand but MSP-LAX and MSP-ATL come to mind as to routing that currently see B767-300 now but had (possible for LAX) had the A330 at one point. I don't think Delta is doing this currently though.

Status Update:

Problems are being solved, wrinkles are being straightened out. We are getting there.... :)

Example Arrival into Athens (LGAV)

post-27228-0-38749000-1361291801_thumb.p

Oooooh, nice! Really looking forward to it!

Right, as I said earlier in the thread, I said I will explain what I mean by: "VNAV is meant to be basic, and at the same time, not so basic". Now is a good time to explain when we are nearing completion.

The current VNAV implementation has the following classic Airbus VDEV features:

1. IDLE Descend segments with Managed Speed Range.
  2. Geometric Descend segments
  3. Early Descend can be done with -1000 fpm
  4. Vdev dot on PFD

However, what the current VNAV does not have is:

1. Winds Aloft to help with TOD predictions (etc)
  2. Complete RNAV guidance
  3. ND Pseudo points to indicate level offs etc.

What do you mean with "Complete RNAV guidance" regarding descent profile?

RNAV is a kind of approach that uses GPS high precision Navigation to navigate around the terrain instead of the traditional VOR etc. What the current VNAV dont do is to provide complete accurate RNAV guidance to the runway, but it will still guide your descends all the way to the DECEL point.

Here are a few pictures,

In this picture you can see how well the Vdev Dot works, when flying selected HDG and descending with VS

post-10652-0-37320400-1361802548_thumb.j

In the following pictures, the segment is an Geo Path, the Airbus descends with a Constant Flight Path Angle

post-10652-0-81278900-1361802544_thumb.j

post-10652-0-66883200-1361802540_thumb.j

post-10652-0-48525500-1361802535_thumb.j

post-10652-0-99850000-1361802529_thumb.j

The next picture shows whats happened when the Pilot is out from Cockpit and forget to descend :D

post-10652-0-10897600-1361802525_thumb.j

Last one for today, early descend, the Pilot descends before reaching the TOD, the Airbus descends with 1000fpm until intercept Vdev Path

post-10652-0-59261800-1361802520_thumb.j

Archived