Air Conditioning

SquadronLeader52

Currently flying from LFPG to EGPH, and all appears to be going fine - except air temperatures. Currently at FL33 and CKPT, FWD and AFT air temperatures are all -3C.

On the overhead panel, all dials for air conditioning are set to hot, but no change to the cabin temperatures is happening, as indicated on the engine screen.

Flying well - but so cold.......................

In my airbus I have 24 - 25 C. Just to verify, hot is on, when you Turn your knob to he right side :)

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that my a/c knobs were turn right to the 'hot' position on the overhead panel, but I was still getting the -3C readings on the engine screen.

This was also a common mistake in Airbus X. Don't know how I solved it back then. But I remember this. If you start your APU in flight and also set APU BLEED to on, the hot air will flow into the cabin ;)

you can see it in the lower ECAM in COND page.

I can confirm that my a/c knobs were turn right to the 'hot' position on the overhead panel, but I was still getting the -3C readings on the engine screen.

And your "Hot Air" button on the a/c overhead panel is on? (The encircled button in the picture below)

acoverhead.png

The Hot Air button only allows you to deactivate the system. As with all Airbus controls it will not be lit when the system is running automatically and only show [off] when you right click it.

That was my intension. I thought he could have accidentially disabled it, what resulted in low temperatures. So I'd better written 'not OFF' instead of 'ON' ;-)

I had a similar experience with a cold cabin. The ECAM bleed page was showing bleed air at the exterior temperature. This was after loading the aircraft in a 'ready to taxi' state directly into a flight. I found that if I loaded the default Cessna 172 first, then the Airbus AXE, the bleed air was at the correct temperature and the aircon kept the cabin at the right temperature.

Mike

• Aerosoft

I had a similar experience with a cold cabin. The ECAM bleed page was showing bleed air at the exterior temperature. This was after loading the aircraft in a 'ready to taxi' state directly into a flight. I found that if I loaded the default Cessna 172 first, then the Airbus AXE, the bleed air was at the correct temperature and the aircon kept the cabin at the right temperature.

Mike

It seems indeed to be linked to an inherited setting in FSX, we have not yet been able to identify it.

• 5 weeks later...

It seems indeed to be linked to an inherited setting in FSX, we have not yet been able to identify it.

Hi,

I've got the same problem with Engines bleed air not working. APU bleed air doesn't work at high altitude and my try with no startup situation file dooesn't solve anything.

Is there a workaround to correct this problem (something to correct / add in a situation file) ? Anyone can post a startup situation file that works?

Thanks,

Skip.

Hi,

I've got the same problem with Engines bleed air not working. APU bleed air doesn't work at high altitude and my try with no startup situation file dooesn't solve anything.

Is there a workaround to correct this problem (something to correct / add in a situation file) ? Anyone can post a startup situation file that works?

Thanks,

Skip.

Are you sure its not something you are doing incorrectly as others as stated have it working. maybe start FSX with a default aircraft and then turn everything off and then load the Airbus.

Are you sure its not something you are doing incorrectly as others as stated have it working. maybe start FSX with a default aircraft and then turn everything off and then load the Airbus.

Well, I've made a test starting Fsx without defaut situation file so I got the AirCreation ULM loaded at first. I had the same trouble.

I could make a test with the Cessna as posted above but I'd like to know if anyone can save a situation file which is working directly with AXE.

Skip.

Archived