How would this system run with FSX?

Hello,

right now, on my notebook (intel i5 2.3Ghz Double-Core) I have not the best fps, so would the desktop system below have good framerates?

AMD A6 X4 3670K FM1 2.7GHz 4Mb/Box (quad-core)

ASUS F1A75-V EVO:(FM1) 4xDDR3,VGA2048,mATX,6xUSB3.0

Module DDR3 1333Mhz 8gB (2x4Gb) KVR1333D3N9/4G.

Hard Disk Seagate 1Tb 3.5" sATA2/3

C3D PCIe 2.0 GeForce GT 630 2GB (CGNX-G636)

This would be for 495€.

or can you recommend me a bether processor with not much higher price?

Thank you

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

The processor is truly the thing to invest in if anything. Any extra money you can put into that, do it. Otherwise having 8GB RAM and a solid graphics driver already will do you fine in those areas. Processor speed and capability is probably the most important thing for FSX to run well.

Thanks for your replay, so I must get a better processor than this one. What would be the minimum you think it should have (in Ghz)? And must I take an expensive intel i7 or i5 or if I take an AMD with 3.4 up to 4.0 it is ok? I ask it because the intel are always more expensive than the AMD, but possibly they are also a bit better, don't know...

Thanks for your help

Johannes

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you look around much at FSX hardware forums, you'll conclude that Intel processors are much prefered for the sim. When FS9 was the latest, AMD tended to have a slight edge, because they were a little cheaper for the same clock speed. There was also much less overclocking then. If you haven't done so, take a look at the hardware forums in places like AVSIM, before you buy. I've gone the Intel route for the last three gaming rigs I built, and always been happy. On the other hand, if you're into other games, see what their hardware forums say.

Since it looks like you're buying a new system, I suggest going with the i5 or i7. Make sure you have the ability to overclock up to 4 GHz or better and you'll be happy for some time to come.

Thanks for your answers, the AMD FX8350 with 4.0 Ghz up to 4.2 Ghz 8-Core is then ok, right? Else I will try to get a i7, because I am only interested in FSX and no other games. I've already bought a lot of addons and I want it to work now perfectly.

I am also looking to upgrade my hardware although I have recently fitted a new graphics card. I realise that the processor is the most important component for FSX to run well. I have been looking at overclocked bundles and can get a Core i5 processor overclocked to 4.6Ghz with 8 gig of DDR3 1600mhz ram and a Z77 motherboard for just under £400 sterling.

Archived