Does Airbus show a Descent Point on ND?

Fab10

Hi,

I'm really enjoying the AXE, thank you for an excellent and well supported product.

Could someone tell me please whether an Airbus is able to show on the ND a descent point (dot or arc?) which indicates the point at which the aircraft will reach the FCU set altitude at the present VS / ROD?

This is useful for instance when descending to uncontrolled airports without published approaches, or for ATC request compliance. I have no issues working out descent planning, I'm just looking for some indicator on the Airbus ND. Last night I completed a EGPB Sumburgh VOR/DME RW15, so here the obvious answer is to enter the FL into the MCDU; that's fine, but it raised the question I'm asking (and yes, the A320 isn't the perfect a/c for EGPB, but it's good skills practice!).

I'm asking the many Airbus experts here for help as I cannot find an (obvious) answer anywhere; the transition from Boeing to Airbus is trickier than I'd anticipated, but oh-so worthwhile!

Thanks,

Fabio

• Aerosoft

I hope thinking about it will change quickly in to actually going to add it. That's only one of the critical features still missing ;)

It's also a rather hard to get right feature, but as said we are discussing it.

But keep in mind that we never intended to do a full systems simulation, we rather made a 'wider' then a 'deeper' product.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This feature would certainly be appreciated by me, and, it appears, by many others. It's a small yet significant item, but one that's already missed by many.

Again, thanks for a truly excellent product.

Best wishes,

Fabio

Archived