Landing. Flaps 1 ordered and overspeed

jrotaetxe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Flying with CL and copilot, flaps 1 was requested a little bit early, then OVSPD alarrm, quick pitch up and, once normalised, resumed the final descent..

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

could you give us a little bit more information on this subject...... i.e. what were the MCDU values PERF APPR page for F-, S- and O-Speed and at which speed the flaps were extended to 1 by the Copilot. For the Checklist we use those values (with a small tolerance)......

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Will try, for sure.

Emmanuel... I did not selcted the flaps 1... Was done by the "virtual commander", as I was flying with CL.

Regards, and thank you for your responses.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As agreed...

Sorry, Emi and Hanse. Could not catch the PFD before, but the selected Speed in the moment when "Flaps 1 " was commanded was exactly the green dot speed.

Hereit is the screen capture in the very moment.

post-74287-0-68898200-1358004823_thumb.p

Would like to comment a cople of issues I have during this app.

While heading NT363, and just to be ready to capture the screen, I selected "LOC" mode (early, I know) and inmediately LOC* appeared in the PFD and a firm turn to the left. Selected LNAV mode again, and back to the track. Can be my error, but would like to have your oppinion.

Flying the base leg, selected LOC (now, in my oppinion, at the right moment), and, surprisingly, the PNF announces "LOC ALIVE" and "LOC CAPTURED" at the same time. LOC* in the PFD and the "diamond" still in the far left

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

regarding your two issues:

1. This is what I wanted to confirm (and thought) that it is not a problem of the Checklist functionality but of the MCDU "green dot spreed" calculation. So I will pass this on the responsible develloper for the MCDU.
  2. Normally you should follow the procedure. I think this was your problem that something was mixed up. First you should hear "Localizer alive" and then you should push LOC which then is confirmed by "Localizer captured"......

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you for the quick response and advise.

Will do as you indicate. If someone wants to mimic the flight, is an approach to SBNT, initial FL320, initial leg starting in RUMBA, RNAV APP RWy 16L.

A close airport to depart from is SBRF, bt I think is too close to reach FL320...

Regards

Hi,

regarding your two issues:

1. This is what I wanted to confirm (and thought) that it is not a problem of the Checklist functionality but of the MCDU "green dot spreed" calculation. So I will pass this on the responsible develloper for the MCDU.

2. Normally you should follow the procedure. I think this was your problem that something was mixed up. First you should hear "Localizer alive" and then you should push LOC which then is confirmed by "Localizer captured"......

Hanse

I had the same problem. If I was managing my own flaps it wouldn't have happened. It was a bad approach, and I was trying to grab the glideslope from above while the LOC was already captured. Commander set flaps 2 and that was that. I'll try to grab screens if it happens again.

Flying with CL and copilot, flaps 1 was requested a little bit early, then OVSPD alarrm, quick pitch up and, once normalised, resumed the final descent..

Regards

I have the same when I try to fly the tutorial flight between EDDF and LOWW. Starting the descendt and a couple of minutes after the copilot put the flaps 1, making overspeed. I'm not in Localizer yet, only starting with the descendt. I'll try to put pictures.

I also got the overspeed.

It seems like the checklist is going into approach mode too early or something with the latest hotfix 8. I never got this on previous versions.

Flaps 1 was ordered on my descent to Denver and it went into overspeed.

I've already said this on the other topic, but yes configuration for landing starts too early.

When the copilot deploys flaps 1 I retract them back immediately (it's too early and I am too fast so overspeed happens).

I also bring back speed to 250 when the silly copilot makes it 190 way early.

If I let the copilot fly the approach I can count on 20 min delay :)

Same problem here, it messed up two approaches already... Only way to get rid of that is to disable the Co and manage the flaps by myself. Green dot speed is too high, or the overspeed area begins too low anyways.

same here. I had this everytime during approach when not in managed mode. I turn the Co off before and hear 100 times "Flaps 1" at 250 kts.

When leaving managed mode during descend, the AP is a little bit confused permanently. Also V/S is not reacting as expected. The AP is not correctly reverting to managed mode when the knob is pushed again.

both problems from the beginning, not starting with hotfixes

Maybe some testers can have a look.

thanks.

Many small issues but a brilliant and outstanding product at all!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please, see the response of Mr. Hanse upwards....

Seem it is related to green dot speed cacculations in the FMCDU, and, the best, they are conscious of this.

Is a matter of time. Meanwhile, have an eye over green dot speed while approaching...

Regards

Archived