AES Pushback procedures - no pushback

funkyj4ever

When my aircraft is parked on for example mykonos lgmk and i got the engines started the checklist wont go into wait or after start. I dont use push back so maybe this is the problem? I also would really like a option for the checklist to start engines and not have to pushback and that happens on a lot of aiports. Lot of greece airports, rotterdam etc. Now i have to use the aes fuction not to get pushbacked on the parking spot but i think by doing this the checklist stops working because parking breaks stays on ? Please help me and thx for reading

Hi. I understand your issue. For now, at engine start I would suggest releasing the parking brake and then setting it after the engines are started. This should enable the checklist to go into WAIT mode after start.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also would really like a option for the checklist to start engines and not have to pushback and that happens on a lot of aiports. Lot of greece airports, rotterdam etc.

Hi,

I do not get your question. There are three Engine Start checklist options:

• If AES is available at the airport and the AES option is set to ON in the right MCDU
  • Engine Start with pushback
  • Engine Start (without pushback)

If the Infobar option is set to ON you can see what choices you have. If AES is set to ON in the right MCDU just follow the AES instructions. If it is not set to ON the infobar displays the other two options, which you can select using 1 or 2 from the keyboard. Details you can find in the Vol6 StepbyStep guide chapter 5.7

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

yeah i know about these options. However for example in Paphos (LCPH) i have AES active. Therefore i also have it active in the Checklist Options. However in Paphos there is no Pushback. AES just lets you start the engines and then taxi straight from your parking position. Now i had it for the second time after the update that after starting the engines and AES cleared me to taxi the after start checklists never started. It doesn`t even show the "WAIT" on the right MCDU. The Before Start Checklist however was completed correctly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Hanse,

yeah i know about these options. However for example in Paphos (LCPH) i have AES active. Therefore i also have it active in the Checklist Options. However in Paphos there is no Pushback. AES just lets you start the engines and then taxi straight from your parking position. Now i had it for the second time after the update that after starting the engines and AES cleared me to taxi the after start checklists never started. It doesn`t even show the "WAIT" on the right MCDU. The Before Start Checklist however was completed correctly.

Can confirm this, had the same issue yesterday at EDNY. And there is now way to start it manually. The CL came alive again at the end of the flight when initiating descent.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi all,

let me explain our problem a little bit: AES is a "closed" program and gives no hints to the "outside" what it is doing. So to integrate the Checklist and Copilot Functionality into the AES-pushback we use the FSX feature that the aircraft starts to move.... But if you use AES without pushback we do not have any "indicator" when to start with our functionality.....

So in those cases I recommend to do the following: Set AES in the right MCDU Checklist menu to OFF. Clear the departure through AES (SHIFT+HIGH+W) and when AES has finished its procedure start the Checklist /Copilot functionality (without pushback) using 2 from the keyboard........

Hanse

Archived