Saving Views & Sounds Option...

garydpoole

Hi All

Had this problem with V1.02 and V1.03 seems no better.

If, using the right MCDU, I turn off the View System and turn on the Sounds such as Flight Crew & GPWS, when I next reload the AXE, both settings have returned to their opposite, default, settings, so once again, I have the View System but no Sounds.

Should this still be happening ?

Thanks

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gary,

I just tried it and on my system it worked fine.......i. e. the settings after reloading the AXE were exactly the same as when I closed the AXE (I previously changed some of them). So we have to look into something else than the program itself:

• Does this only happens to those items "VIEWS" and "SOUNDS" or are also the other settings of the right MCDU not saved if you change them....... p. e. if you set the ACFT State to another DEF......
  • I believe this happens in your case also to other settings of the right MCDU. When those are completely not saved then it might be a problem of your folder structure.......
  • The settings are saved in the file setup.abx which should be in available in the folder C:\User\Your Name\Own Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended .....

Please check and report back ......

Hanse

Hi All

Had this problem with V1.02 and V1.03 seems no better.

If, using the right MCDU, I turn off the View System and turn on the Sounds such as Flight Crew & GPWS, when I next reload the AXE, both settings have returned to their opposite, default, settings, so once again, I have the View System but no Sounds.

Should this still be happening ?

Thanks

Gary

In v1.03 my choices in MCDU2 are now saved, even if Windows is restarted. However, in previous versions my preferences in MCDU2 weren't saved and my solution was to select your options in View, Sound, Flight, etc. in MCDU2 and then save your flight as the default flight in FSX, and whenever you load your default flight in FSX the options in MCDU2 should be as you want. If you want ATC on each time you load the default flight, I noticed that if I save the default flight with ATC sound on in MCDU2, then each time I load the default flight the same ATC chatter is played again, so I only turn ATC on after the flight is loaded to hear a random ATC sound file.

A quick question; do I need to uninstall the previous version of Airbus X before installing a newer one?

Can't I just install e.g. V1.03 over V1.00 ?

Hi,

Yes, please uninstall version 1 using the uninstaller.

I rebooted and now it working; the only thing not working are the cabin crew sounds: i can't select on or off.

Thank you for your quick support.

Have you rebooted you computer?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but I can't click on CHECKLIST voice on the right MCDU in addition to cabin crew sounds.

What do you mean by "Checklist voice"....... If you select the Checklist / Copilot functionality there is a voice in any case....... Please explain your problem a little bit more in details......

Hanse

Hi Gary,

I just tried it and on my system it worked fine.......i. e. the settings after reloading the AXE were exactly the same as when I closed the AXE (I previously changed some of them). So we have to look into something else than the program itself:

• Does this only happens to those items "VIEWS" and "SOUNDS" or are also the other settings of the right MCDU not saved if you change them....... p. e. if you set the ACFT State to another DEF......
  • I believe this happens in your case also to other settings of the right MCDU. When those are completely not saved then it might be a problem of your folder structure.......
  • The settings are saved in the file setup.abx which should be in available in the folder C:\User\Your Name\Own Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended .....

Please check and report back ......

Hanse

Ok, this is getting slightly frustrating, here's the latest:

1) Made the Taxi State the DEF state with the corresponding green 'DEF' label next to it

2) Turned off View System

3) Opened up setup.abx in text editor and found variable, "set1_ASC_ViewSys_Off=1.000000"

4) Turned on View System

5) Variable, "set1_ASC_ViewSys_Off=0.000000" - Variable has changed value, so file is obviously in correct location for AXE to modify it

6) Turned off View System

7) Shut down FSX

8) Reload AXE to find it NOT in TAXI STATE with green DEF missing and View System back on even though "set1_ASC_ViewSys_Off=1.000000"

I kinda feel like giving up on this, setup.abx is obviously being written to by AXE when it's running, but for some reason, it chooses to ignore it when it loads...

Regards

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gary,

Steffen and I tried to reproduce your problem i. e. we handled the system exactly as mentioned by you. But: It worked fine i.e. the settings were saved as required and also the next time we started FSX loaded as previously set. So I do not know how we can help you. It must have to do with the necessary files i.e. are missing or saved at a wrong location. The only advice I can give you: Uninstall (using the Aerosoft Uninstaller) and newly install 1.03b....... Sorry I would have liked to give you a detailed and clerar answer how you could solve your problems......

Hanse

In v1.03 my choices in MCDU2 are now saved, even if Windows is restarted. However, in previous versions my preferences in MCDU2 weren't saved and my solution was to select your options in View, Sound, Flight, etc. in MCDU2 and then save your flight as the default flight in FSX, and whenever you load your default flight in FSX the options in MCDU2 should be as you want. If you want ATC on each time you load the default flight, I noticed that if I save the default flight with ATC sound on in MCDU2, then each time I load the default flight the same ATC chatter is played again, so I only turn ATC on after the flight is loaded to hear a random ATC sound file.

stt4 - your method of assigning the AXE to the default flight has done the trick - many thanks !!!

I've no idea why the default flight method worked, but in the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle:

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Many thanks once again

Regards

Gary

Archived