Why no simple update, but reinstall?

MatzeH84

Is there a specific reason why no simple updates from one version to another are released?

De- and reinstalling a new, full version always means manually adding each repaint again for every variant, setting up the inputs config again, etc.. I find this kind of annoying to be honest.

Regarding the sceneries, quick and simple updates always worked perfectly..

Plus, not everyone has a fast internet connection, the 800MB mean 30 minutes of loading time again and again..

Matthias

• Aerosoft

Until we get to the boxed installer we prefer full installers over updates as it greatly reduces support and problems. From this moment on we should be able to use updates. In a scenery that stage is reached fast, here it takes a lot longer.

To give you an example, the aircraft.cfg's are changed now. if we used an update we would have to ask you to choose between keeping your special liveries and or the new options. That would cause a few hundred post, lol.

So the build will be fixed with the box release?

The last re-install took me an hour. I'd rather use that time more productively until I know that I won't have to do it again.

Regards,

Dan.

I am now totally confused!!

I still have the AXE in my control panel/programs from when I installed 1.02 (which was before the hotfix for 1.02).

Can I just uninstall from there or do I have to use the specific uninstall file downloaded from the support website??

TIA

Rob

I am now totally confused!!

I still have the AXE in my control panel/programs from when I installed 1.02 (which was before the hotfix for 1.02).

Can I just uninstall from there or do I have to use the specific uninstall file downloaded from the support website??

TIA

Rob

Hi Rob, it would be best to use the uninstaller that is made for the product.

Archived