How to uninstall version 1.02 (not showing up in controlpanel list)

René Bongers

Hello,

Preparing the install of version 1.03 (i.e. by uninstalling 1.02), I noticed that the Airbus X Extended does not show up in the installed programs list in the control panel (remove programs). Version 1.02 was installed without any problems a few days ago and is working fine, but Windows doesn't seem to be aware of that. Oddly enough RAAS does show up in the list. I would be grateful for any advice as to how to get 1.02 uninstalled.

Kind regards,

René Bongers

I didn't run it from the zip file. Extracted into a temporary folder, then copied it to the FSX\Aerosoft folder. Also tried to run it from FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus X Extended. Still no luck.

Edit: Did a search for the uninstall log file. It seems that it doesn't exist. Also tried a file recovery tool, without result. So it looks like I'm stuck, unless there is another (safe) method to uninstall 1.02.

René

Thanks to the kind help of heffron91 I'm now close to solving the problem. Just have to adapt the uninstall log file he has sent me to my FSX location. Will report about the outcome, but that will be tomorrow.

@ Stephen: I will send you a copy by PM (also tomorrow).

Kind regards,

René

As far as I'm concerned this thread may be marked as solved, since I now have all tools required to uninstall 1.02. Have not decided to do so yet. Following the posts about the new version for a while first. Thanks again for the great help I reveived!

Kind regards,

René

Archived