CTD with Freight Dog

shaunm

I dont know if it would help as I dont have FS Cargo yet, but do us FS9.1 and have Freight Dogs scenery, as well as the Aerosoft Beaver, D18 Marthas Vineyard, and Misty Fjords, as well as

ASV6, all released BEV textures, UT USA, UT Canada/Alaska, Flight Environment, Zinertech Ultimate Night Environment Pro, CanUK Canada sceneries, many addon freeware Alaska and canada sceneries, registered FSUIPC, Ultimate Traffic, Active Camera, IGFly Walk and Follow, FSPassengers, all FSGenesis terrain and landclass files for USA, Canada, and Alaska, and a bunch of aircraft, all the latest versions or updates available, and I have had no CTDs in the area or around the area using Freight Dogs scenery with any aircraft I have used in the area, or used while taking off from one of the airports.

System:

2.8 Ghz, P4, 200 GB HD, nVidia 6800 GT 256 mb with latest drivers, 1 gig RAM

I am also experiencing crashes to desktop, flying the Super cub form Stewart, or in around PANT, fly for 5 minutes and CTD, I have only misty Fjords as add on scenery, Also on another flight from KJFK using PMDG 1900 Beech, crashed to Desktop while taxiiing, I am Stumped

Dave

I had to install FS9 update twice I sure it took, now about deleting files I'm a novice at this I tend to delete my hard drive(just kidding), In trying to solve other problems like uphill water in Mysty fjords, I had noticed that I have more than one (6) Fs9.cfg files which one would be good and which ones to delete. I have one sortcutted to desktop to make changes easier?

Dave

Have been deleting files all evening, can fly for about an hour then it crashes to desktop have replaced fs9.cfg twice now,any other suggestions

Dave

Since you do not have many add-ons, it might be wise to re-install FS2004, then update it to 9.1, then install Misty Fjords again, then Freight Dogs.

Your CTD at New York has nothing to do with those add-ons, so something else must be amiss :wink:

Also, make sure you are not running any other (unknown?) program at the time? For instance, there is a browser that has a memory leak (and would cause an hour flight to abort in certain circumstances).....

Best regards,

Francois

Before I uninstall and reinstall, what happens to my addon aircraft, IE PDMG,AEROSOFT,MAAM, do the aircraft have to be re:installed? or just FS9?

Dave

Yes, I would advise to re-install them... if only to assure you do not have any files remaining that don't really belong there.

Most aircraft can be restored by making a backup of the aircraft, gauges and effects folders..... and copying those back in to your FS9 folder.

Another option is to install a SECOND and CLEAN installation of FS9, just for testing purposes. Then yo do NOT have to erase your current one.