CTD with Freight Dog

shaunm

Hi All

Just need to find out if anyone else is experiencing crashes back to desk top. Also installed I have Misty , UTUSA and birds eye. I am going through the process of elimination at the moment, but just want to find out if any one else is having the problem. If I have to start uninstalling bit by bit I will, but only as a last resort..

Shaun

Hi, (don't mind my english :D )

I'm having the same problem, FS2004 crashes to desktop when i'm flying in the area of the new airports. When i'm flying anywhere else, even with the planes included in Freight Dogs, everything is o.k. Crashes happen within 30sec to 5 min after i start flying from one of the new airports; you don't have to do anything (switch windows etc.), just take off and wait, within a few moments the programm crashes to desktop. The fs2004 window just shuts down, mostly without the normal error message. In case i got one, it relates in 90% of the cases to the module Facilities.dll. I have FS Global 2005, My traffic 2005 and Flight Environment installed and an geforce 6800gt, forceware 81.98, Athlon 3500+, 2GB RAM. Please help, i'm out of clues!

Greetings,

Rainer Mayer

Hi Rainier,

can't help you immediately I'm afraid..... we now have 4 users with this very particular problem.... 1 beta tester, Mathijs, yourself and another customer.

For everybody else all runs fine..... so that means it is a really difficult problem to diagnose.

I can rule out your hardware... one of the beta testers who could NEVER get ANY CTD has exactly the same setup ! Pitty eh ? :( :?

So what's next... hmmm... Flight Environment and FSGlobal are both potential reasons, because they either change textures and/or add mesh (and who knows what else)... and we have not been able (as far as I know) to test with them.

Same as all other developers, we do not have every bit of commercial and freeware add-on ever produced.... so testing always leaves hiatus !

So we'll keep trying to scrap things off our list of possible conflicts..... the 6800 GT is scrapped.

Can you confirm that

a) Flying INTO the area provides a crash as well?

B) Using a default aircraft has the same result?

c) FSCargo is working (you have received an assignment and seen cargo)?

Kind regards,

Francois

Hi

I removed a number of add ons. FS global, misty and birds eye, it still did it, this was always using the beaver ( land version ). I then tryed starting up with a diffierent plane and used the default cessna instead,this was starting at CBM5 ( Telegraph Creek ), this is where I experience the CTD, an other one was still at CBM5 but I had just departed on a flight when it happened. As i said,using the cessna 172 I sat there on one of the GA ramps with engines running then off. I changed views several times with no CTD. I then switched plane over to the Twin beach with no CTD. I also went to other airfields trying out the same actions,even using the beaver and every thing is ok. I then go back to CBM5 again i have changed back to the default 172 and all is ok. Then to the Twin Beech all ok. Then I change to the beaver and before I can switch views bingo, a black screen for several seconds and then microsoft tell me there has been an fatal error. It talks about " AppName fs9exe. Appver 9.0.0 3061 modname sim1.dll". I close it and i'm back at desk top. Hope this can help.

Shaun

Hi Francois,

a) CTD happens with default aircraft,

B) you don't have to get an assignment or load cargo, just go to one of the FD airports with any aircraft you like and you will get CTD after a few minutes,

c) what happens when you fly into the area i don't know yet, i'll try a flight from vancouver north i think, and see what happens.

Regards,

Rainer

I just flew into the area from the south, landed at CMBR, took an assignment, took off direction CZST and everything was o.k. I was just convinced that i had found the cause for CTD (One of the 6 airports as starting location) and was making my descent into CZST when 4 miles out BINGO! black screen, CDT, fatal error message (again the module facilities.dll).

Rainer

Flight Environment and FSGlobal are both potential reasons, because they either change textures and/or add mesh (and who knows what else)... and we have not been able (as far as I know) to test with them.

You can delete Flight Environment from your list. I used it all the time during testing and never had a CTD.

I also use FLight Environment and, as you know, I've never had a CTD.

You're right though - it could be a combination. If anyone who is using Fight Environment and have the CTD, could post there FE setup - I can recreate the same texture setup and test if this is the problem.

Hi Guys

I have had several CTD but I don't have FE installed. What I have installed is

AS V6 build 456, but that so far has not been running.

FS Global,

BEV,

UTUSA,

Misty Fjords.

OS XP sp2

6800 Ultra driv 7189

Creative 24 bit.

One thing I havn't got intalled is FS 9.1. Never installed the patch Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Shaun

We only tested it with 9.1, sort of assuming there would be nobody left who had NOT installed it.

As always, ANY assumption is dangerous :( .

Not sure it would solve this particular issue, but you most certainly are not running it now on the platform it was designed for.

Hi Francois

Happy to report is would appear to have solved my proble, at least flying out of CBM5 using the beaver. Still a mystery why I only had CTD with the beaver and no other plane. I will test thougharly tomorrow. Thanks for yor help.

Shaun,

well..well...well......

After i installed the update to version 9.1 again it appears that the first installiation was incomplete. I first had to uninstall the faulty update before the patch was executed. Now i have version 9.1 under the Help/About Microsoft Flightsimulator menu and guess what?? Everything runs smoothly, no more CTD's: i just delivered three assignments in a row without any problems!

So thank you all for your help and congratulations on a very fine product!

Next stop Shorty's Farm......

Regards

Rainer

Hi

I've had CTD's around the new airports too. I reinstalled Freight Dogs, didn't work and reinstalled FS and installed Freight Dogs again, and I still had problems. The only other sceneries installed are Flightscenery 01 and GeoRender 9. Also AS6 and BEV but these shouldn't have any say in it. So, I have to admit that I got a bit frustrated, decided to delete the FS9.cfg and what do you know, now it runs without any problems.

The only thing I had change in the FS9.cfg was the terrain vertex set to 21. So could this be it?

Anyway just wanted to let you guys know.

We all tested with 19, 20 and 21.... so I don't think it should have any influence.

But there are so many settings in the FS9.cfg, something else might have been changed over time without you knowing or remembering it...... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Check your graphics card drivers for any updates and install them. I was crashing big time, every time I entered the range of the scenery enhancement. Installed the latest driver and everything is fine. There is a little more detail in my post in Frieght Dogs "The Scenery".

I have the same prob, in area of the new scenery Freightdogs after 1 / 5 min the FS crash :oops:

I delete scenery Fs9 folder and reinstal theFS9. I have not other scenery in FS.

Regards

Jorge