Additional functions - Activate APPR in MCDU

hobeprime

Hello everyone,

first of all, let me say how very much I enjoy :groupflip_s: flying with the checklists and what a brilliant idea the right MCDU is. I like the controlling of doors and ground services from the right MCDU.

Some issues will be solved with the upcoming hotfix, however, I found none of the following:

• Would it be possible at all to implement the AES functions (where available) into the right MCDU? That would make it easier to handle AES in FSX as you always have to adjust the pop-up window.
  • Also, would it be possible, to include refuelling into the right window? The fuel planning and loading tool is not very good, to be honest, and it's a separate programme.

My most pressing issues are related to my usually flying online, though:

• I desperatly miss a checklist point that tells me to push the "ACTIVATE APPR" in the left MCDU somewhere during approach. This is especially important during a second approach after a go-around. If you don't press "ACTIVATE APPR", some final approach settings will not take effect (speed, etc.) and may result in erratic autopilot behaviour if you realize this too late (bad when online).
    • All in all I would very much welcome it if it were possible to include more "manual control" of the checklists, i.e. the pilot should be able to start or restart any stage of the checklist by pressing the appropriate button on the MCDU. This again is due to flying online. Sometimes you get instructions by ATC and would lik to rework or skip parts of the checklist which can't be done.

Thanks a million for considering!

Kind regards,

Dennis

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dennis,

• AES: This is not possible and various times discussed with Oliver Pabst. The problem is that AES is a "closed" program and has no connection to any other parallel running programs. So we could get no data out of AES or transfer data from the right MCDU back to AES.
  • Fueling: It would be too complicated to include (and I think also to handle) all the functionality into the right MCDU. As you only use this program one time during a flight it should not be a problem. We will think about it maybe to start the program from the right MCDU.
  • ACTIVATE APPR: We will think it over.....
  • Stop and Restart of a CL: Various times discussed in this forum. Please have look into this subject on other threads....

Hanse

Hi Dennis,

• [...]
  • ACTIVATE APPR: We will think it over.....
  • [...]

Hanse

Thank you for your information, Hanse.

I would really greatly appreciate it if you could think that one over. In reality, you can ask your fellow pilot again. For flying online, manual control of the checklists would be higly benefitial. But the most important thing really is the ACTIVATE APPR: In all my flights when I forgot to press the button before intercepting the glidescope, the aircraft immediately tried to gain speed and to go into a high upward pitch, thus leaving the ILS completely. If you press it too early, the whole speed management system will no longer work - you have to do it all manually...

If my "copilot" doesn't remind me of this, it will probably be better to fly without - which would be very sad indeed (I love that tool!).

Thanks again,

cheers,

Dennis

Archived