Crash To Desktop (CTD errors)

KyleD

• Deputy Sheriffs

Anyone else?

Ahmm, I do not understand this.

You do not have the AXE, so what do you want to get from an additional answer? Me and many others solved this problem by following the steps I desribed above. The remaining issues are not related to the AXE, but to the individual setup of those installations (hardware, OS, drivers, FSX-settings, other addons......).

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well I did thank you for your input mopperle, although as you said yourself the issue was with a different piece of software so this isn't an entirley convincing argument for me - which I am sure you understand.

So this being a support forum (community consisting of more than just you and I) I am trying to see if any of those who experienced crashes of the MSVCR80.dll type actually did resolve the issue by updating the libraries or by simply reinstalling windows istelf. I can see mopperle resolved his issue and that is great but I want to hear from someone who actually fixed their AXE issue be it by updating libraries or by performing a clean unintall of windows, all of which has been discussed here but with scant report back of success. Maybe people were successful but just didn't come back to tell anyone here but maybe they also were not successful, like me. Maybe somebody even found another fix??

Mopperle, you ask: You do not have the AXE, so what do you want to get from an additional answer?

This is the point I am trying to make: I don't have a way of testing it because I deleted the installer when I obtained a refund, as I discussed before. For this I would need to purchase it and for me to purchase it I want to have a degree of confidence it would work without the same problems as last time. Therefore my original four questions are still valid and I would like to hear from anyone who successfully resolved the MSVCR80 CTD by either reinstalling windows (maybe which cleared the fault) or by reinstalling the libraries (which didn't work for me at the time but if it did for them then maybe they could explain their method).

Are we on the same page now?

Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0x5b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cec6dca5d0a9eb
Faulting application path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: d99554d1-32e7-11e3-ba6e-c86000c91741
I have received this 3 times. On all 3 occasions I was attempting to apply approach data into the MCDU. This is the only time it has happened. If I don't bother with the approach page, I have no issues, at least not yet. Add-ons: EZDoc - Ailvisoft EFB - a couple of Airport add-ons - RC4
System Specs: Intel i7-3770K - 8GB memory - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit - Radeon HD 7700 - ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Mother Board.

Archived